Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thunder max ECM

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
ravin cajun
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder max ECM

Is anyone on the forum running a thundermax ECM on a 2006 Dyna ? If so is the auto tune module required to run this device ? What are your opinions on the thunder max ?Thanks in advance Rajun Cajun

Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: thunder max ECM

Python is running one with the auto tune. You do not need to have the auto tune for the ECU to work, it will run as a open loop system.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
ravin cajun
Novice

Thanks for the reply I've been reading up on them. They sound promising, but I would like to talk to someone who is running one before I invest. Ravin Cajun

Old 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Angry_Monkey
Cruiser

Nice to see if we could get a group buy going, save some $$$..

Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 AM
hjdistl
Advanced

ORIGINAL: ravin cajun

Is anyone on the forum running a thundermax ECM on a 2006 Dyna ? If so is the auto tune module required to run this device ? What are your opinions on the thunder max ?Thanks in advance Rajun Cajun
I am running one on my 06 Dyna SG. Best money I have spent. Have about 4000 miles on it and then added autotune. Cannot get teh grin off my face since I put it on. Go to Zippers site, New Products, testimonials. I am HD from Overland Park, KS.

Best money I have spent on my ride so far.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:49 AM
ravin cajun
Novice

hjdistl, Thanks for the reply. I have read the testimonials and I am considering trying one. I was going to try the ECM only and see how I liked it. Was it a big difference from stock preformance? I am currently running the race download and its O.K. I get the usual decel pop and such, The bike dosent really run bad, but I can't help but think it could be better. I would love the ability to make a few tuning adjutments myself. How was the install and did the auto tune make a difference? Thanks again Ravin

Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 AM
hjdistl
Advanced

Have not taken a picture since I put pipes & things on it. Ihad the dealer put a Rinehart 2-1 and SE AC and their most aggressive download. Popped like all get out on decel, ran out of power around 5800. Cruise @ 70 an then roll on the throttle and it really labored until around 85. Dealer tied 3 different download and all had similar problems. Called Zippers and asked if they had a map for my setup. They told me no but was working on one. They e-mailed me 30 days later told me they had one for my setup. I ordered it and when I wrote in the testimonial was the result. The thing just flat out runs like a different bike with the Thundermax. Roll on at 70 now and you can feel it all the way. Runs strong to 6200. The dealer even commented on it whenI had it in for service and they drove it. Sounds different(like a 70's muscle car) now. Idles smoother and all thegood stuff.

The install was about an hour only because you have grind the ECM mounting opening. The software is easy to use and monitor if you leave a lap top hooked up. A trick is to leave the cable attached to the TM and just coil it up. I but a heavy duty piece of plastic over the cable connector and rubber-band it to keep crud out.

The auto tune has helped improve the mileage and overall ride and performance more. The thing about the Gen I is you can add as you go and not have to bite the big bullet all at once.

You will not be disappointed. Only 3 things better than it. Sex, Scotch & Cuban Cigars.

Go here take Support, Instructions and yo can download the software and Manuals. the unlock code for the Software is in the Smartlink Installation Manual. It also shows the modification to the ECM Mountg I mentioned.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:25 AM
ravin cajun
Novice

thanks hjdistl, You were a big help. This is whats great about this forum. You can get straight answers from fellow riders. Thanks again Ravin

Old 03-17-2007, 05:06 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

what a coincedence ill be staying at the marriot at overland park all next week for biz trip.

Richmond ky here

ORIGINAL: hjdistl

ORIGINAL: ravin cajun

I am running one on my 06 Dyna SG. Best money I have spent. Have about 4000 miles on it and then added autotune. Cannot get teh grin off my face since I put it on. Go to Zippers site, New Products, testimonials. I am HD from Overland Park, KS.

Best money I have spent on my ride so far.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:47 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had one installed at bike week in Daytona. Could not be happier. I had the SERT, PC111 and finally the Thunder Max. My bike is dialed in perfectly now. there is one catch I would suggest you catch them at one of the bike weeks early, let them do the install. That way you have a chance to ride it and test it out. I needed an adjustment after the first session and after giving them some feedback they got it right!! I noticed 2 or 3 other customers come back for re-adjustments also....

Quick Reply: thunder max ECM