Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Hog or the Piglet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 PM
hep0950
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Hog or the Piglet?

Some dealers will let you test ride a bike first. Our dealer is one of them. At least on used bikes for sure.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

depending of the size of you and your 2 up partner. the 1200 is a very nice bike .but the dyna is better for longer hauls.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
JimboFXD
Cruiser

Buy one of each. Or test ride them and see which one you can't live without.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:11 PM
xlc06
Advanced

Everyone says you will want a big twin after a while if you go with a 1200, so much so in fact im wondering what im missing. Can someone actually back this claim up with some sort of logic? I would never disrespect anyones bike even if they ride a honda rebel, hell there out there doing it, and the dynas are kick ***. However I wonder if "upgrading" to a bigger bike is more an ego or peer pressure thing to have a big "mans" bike. As near as I can tell going with a slower, heavy, less agile ride, not to metion less hp isnt upgrading, nor does the its like a sporty on steroids comment make sense. Steroids make one more fast and agile, not fatter and slower. So wouldn't a sportster be a dyna on steroids? I also have never herd anyone say I just upgraded my corvette for a minivan because it's bigger and comfortable. Enough rambling someone tell me why I need a BT other than just to have one, because thats what people do. What is the advantage? Ive heard this so may times, I honestly think I am missing out on something tell me what it is?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:44 PM
hep0950
Tourer

It's not an ego thing. It's more of a comfort thing. Riding two up is better on a Dyna, Softtail, or Geezer glide. What bike is best for you is what kind of riding you will be doing. Being heavier, the Dyna's and other BT's easier to handle out on the hiways, especially when you encounter wind. They alo can carry more than a Sportster thus are better for riding 2 up. In my opinion a Dyna is the best of both worlds. It is sporty enough but handles 2 up and hiways nicely.

I started out with an '06 Sportster Cuatom and three months later traded for my FXDI35 Superglide. The difference in ride is very noticeable. As much as I liked the Sportster, I like the Superglide that much more.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My Superglide gets confused as a sporty quite often beleive it or not...

Joe

Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 AM
xlc06
Advanced

I like the dynas and hopefully i'll get to ride one soon to compare for myself. I just wish I herd more comments like you'll want to upgrade because the BT's power and preformance will blow your mind. Like the difference between playing a cheep beginner electric guitar to a perfectly set up les paul. Then i'll dump the extra cash with a smile on my face.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:43 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: traveler

My Superglide gets confused as a sporty quite often beleive it or not...

Joe
That has happened to me once or twice so far. "Dude it looks kind of like a fat sportster...." [sm=smiley9.gif]

Old 03-16-2007, 01:13 AM
stbob
Tourer

And the street bob is set up for solo riding. If u plan on making it 2up plan on coughing up more $$$. U could get a wide glide or a low rider which are already 2 up.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:13 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the Dyna if you are going to be doing a lot of riding over a 100 miles at a time. I can ride the Dyna forever without tiring, or getting sore.
In fact when my back is bothering me, I get on the bike, and all the pain disappears after about 15 minutes of riding..... Maybe it's just my imagination.
As said by others in the past........ A lot of folks mistake it for a sportster anyway.
Dynas offer a very comfortable ride......... My .02

DougJ

Quick Reply: The Hog or the Piglet?