Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Pro Streets on an 06/07 Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
stbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bassani Pro Streets on an 06/07 Dyna

They are ceramic coated half way. I put like 3500 miles on the pipes so far.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: stbob

They are ceramic coated half way. I put like 3500 miles on the pipes so far.
I wrote Bassani yesterday but haven't heard anything back yet. When I get the replacment bracket in I think I'm going to try and have a matching aluminum or stainless steel one made up. I just lost some faith in the cast one that is supplied with the pipes. I need a little "piece of mind" when I go on trips. Wonder if RudeDog could fab something up? Maybe I should contact him.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

Well, I wrote e-mails to both Bassani's Tech Department and Warranty Department with no word back, not even a confirmation of receiving the inquery. I won't say SHOCK yet but I'm not holding my breath that they will even respond. I guess I'll give them another week to get back to me and then I'll start calling. Damn man, what ever happen to common courtesy let alone good customer service? What's the point of buying something made in the USA when the manfacturer doesn't even respond to quality issues? Wonder why so much is going overseas.
By the way, for those wondering if I wrote them just to bash them or try and get something for nothing, here is what I sentto both departments:

I purchased a set of Pro Streets with the black ceramic coating in May 2006. I love the pipes and they sound great. My only issue is that the support bracket that mounts behind the tranny cover has cracked and broke in two. I called North Country Customs and they told me I need to contact the dealership I purchased the pipes from to get a replacement. I was also told I could buy a new one from them for $45 or I could try and weld it. I looked at the bracket and I believe it's a cast piece; hence welding it would not be a great option. I did contact the Harley dealer and they said one will be shipped out shortly. That's good news and I appreciate it. My only concern now is that the replacement will be the same as the original thus making that one prone to break again. I only put about 3000 miles on the pipes and I feel this is low mileage to have brackets breaking. I've done some research and found others that have had the same problem. I hate the idea of having to change to a different pipe but I need to have faith that the Pro Streets I have installed won't fail me when I'm on the road traveling. Has anything been done to improve this design and/or the material used to manufacture the bracket? Please call me to let me know if this is something you are aware of, and have improved, or working on to do so. I have many on the hdforums.com concerned about the same issue. Thank you very much.
Respectfully,

Old 03-16-2007, 11:59 PM
16over
Road Master

Letter sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to their reply since I've got the same set of pipes. I've got probably 6000+ miles on mine and thankfully no problems so far, but THANKS for the warning. I will make sure to inspect them before any longer rides.

16over

Old 03-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 16over

Letter sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to their reply since I've got the same set of pipes. I've got probably 6000+ miles on mine and thankfully no problems so far, but THANKS for the warning. I will make sure to inspect them before any longer rides.

16over
My pleasure. I'll keep you all updated. Afterall, I believe it was a picture of your bob with the black Pros that sold me on the pipes. Only if kpreese "Springer Bob" had the photos ofhis ride with theRP Racing pipes back then.Then, I may not be even posting this topic[].

Old 03-17-2007, 02:20 AM
16over
Road Master

Sorry for the headache!

But I do really love the sound and look of these things!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:20 PM
doulos
Cruiser

I'm lookingfor blackcoated pro streets. Can't find them locally. Any recommendations?