Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viking Saddlebags 2009 - Fat Slob

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 08:28 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Viking Saddlebags 2009 - Fat Slob

Started the install on a set of brand new Viking Saddlebags I got off Craigslist for 75 bucks - The guy I bought them off, sold his bike before installing them......
Had to modify the mounting kit to get them to sit like I wanted....Used some threaded 3/8 coarse threaded rod, jam nuts, fender washers and cut to fit (Thanks Izzyryder for the idea!)...so far I only have the right side mounted...ran outta sunlight and warm air......Here's some pics...

Old 10-30-2013, 08:33 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer

Looks like I have to remove the rear axle bolt covers....they hit the bottom of the bags under full shock compression.....The bags seem to be great quality and have locks too! So far so good....Ill take pics of the finished install tomorrow....

Old 10-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Guitarman_sg
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 80 Posts

Looking good, have you considered using Viking's quick detach setup?

Old 10-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

havin a hard time by the pics but it looks like you have the brackets backwards, as the bags are being sucked in instead of pushed out at the bottom. This may help your axle issue

Old 10-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor

you can call me if you need help with anything,
Bobby 8882081949

Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer
Thumbs up

Hey Bobby, thanks for the help....you are right...the brackets are backwards....I'll flip them around tomorrow and will repost the pics....You guys are all right!

Old 11-01-2013, 06:42 PM
DoomGloom
Tourer

I flipped the mounts around as per Bobby/Viking bags suggestion.....he was right on! Everything fits perfectly now....Here are some pics of the mounts on correctly:

Great support from Viking, even though I didn't purchase the bags directly from them.....

Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a set of Viking bags in the exact same situation. Guy in Craigslist sold the bike before mounting. I love them, great product and got them on the cheap. I think I got an older style than you. Yours look great on your bike.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I myself was checking out Viking bags, but haven't heard much of anyone else running them. I'd like hard bags. With locks. For when I start doing weekend rides or overnight rides. But the low price threw me off and worried me a little considering how much everyone else charges for bags. Quality and fit and symmetry all seem ok and good to go so far?

Old 12-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OneGearhead
I myself was checking out Viking bags, but haven't heard much of anyone else running them. I'd like hard bags. With locks. For when I start doing weekend rides or overnight rides. But the low price threw me off and worried me a little considering how much everyone else charges for bags. Quality and fit and symmetry all seem ok and good to go so far?
Thanks for considering us. We really appreciate it !

So our new hard bags ( found here http://www.vikingbags.com/lamellar-s...saddlebags.htm ) are basically our latest and greatest inception. We knew that many riders wanted hard bags and it was hard to find...goodlooking leather wraped hardbags for a decent enough price. Our goal is to provide high quality, if not the best for an unbeatable price. If theres any issue with the fitment/ quality after you purchase the item. You can contact us and we'll work with you to resolve any issue.
Cheers!

Quick Reply: Viking Saddlebags 2009 - Fat Slob