Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions About Dyno Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About Dyno Tune

I have been dragging my feet on getting a SERT and Dyno, cuz the scoot has been running pretty well lately, since I added the V&H Big Shots. However, now that it has begun to warm up here in Tex-***, it is popping more on decel, just like with the SEII Slip-Ons before I got the Big Shots. I also have a feeling that when summer gets here and the temps are 90-100+ every day, its gonna run like $hit, as it did last summer with the slip-ons and HD download. Question:

I am aware of a few places online where I can get a reasonable price on the SERT, but I have no idea what a Dyno run costs. The only place I am aware of in the local DFW area that can do this is American Eagle HD in Corinth. I asked about it once and I think they told me $280+ for the run. Is that reasonable? Can anyone else here in the Metro-Mess recommend another shop?

I always thought I would eventually trade the Dyna in on a Softy, therefore not wanting to put alot of $$ into it. Lately I've decided to just hold on to it and have been buying up parts/accessories to get it where I want it.

Any of you Dyno Dudes, and I know there are many here, please offer thoughts & opinions, cuz I'm clueless.

PS-I've decided on the SERT, so please don't talk to me about PCIII, etc...

THANKS!

STeve

Old 03-11-2007, 05:19 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Questions About Dyno Tune

SERT is an excellent choice. Wouldn't try nto dissuade you at all. It's a software package and a special connector for the computer.

$280 for a dyno tune sounds pretty reasonable.

I would buy the SERT on line (like Zanotti Motors). Then take the bike and the SERT to tuner and let them do the install. I have heard of people having problems with the install.

Another thought is to call the tuner and say, "Hey, Zanottis will sell me the SERT at $XXX. Can you match that?" Sometimes that works.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
kpreese
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bobcowan
I would buy the SERT on line (like Zanotti Motors). Then take the bike and the SERT to tuner and let them do the install. I have heard of people having problems with the install.
Unless something has changed, there is nothing to install (except installing the software on your computer). The interface box just plugs in when you use it and you unplug it when done. It doesn't stay on the bike and there is nothing to splice or wire in. Nothing to it.

Kevin

Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

it might be wise to do the tune when temps are closer to those that you normally ride it.

also $280 is about right. you will find it tends to vary based on where you are and what you are having tuned (i.e. sert vs pcIII).

make sure your tuner is sert savvy, or you could be in for some hurtin

Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Dirtrace95
Cruiser

Id just step up and buy the new Thunder Max with Autotune,It comes with a program thats close to your combo. The auto tune will take over and it will run fantastic. Your can tweak itfrom your PC also. Then you can skip the dyno time. If your really **** you can tweak it later on a dyno.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:52 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

$280 is fair for the dyno run. I paid $357 for my SERT from Zanotti's

Old 03-12-2007, 10:09 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

it might be wise to do the tune when temps are closer to those that you normally ride it.
The temps I normally ride in vary from 40+ to 100+, so that may be difficult...

Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

if you do have it dyno'd with a SERT, make sure that after the dyno they give you a copy of the custom map that they built. not just the printout showing HP and torque, but the actual map that they built and loaded into your ECU. That way, you always have a copy of what is loaded, and can re-load or modify it later on down the road.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/00BAD1D7A2C84EEAAEDE007B05A53836.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-12-2007, 12:24 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: gman

if you do have it dyno'd with a SERT, make sure that after the dyno they give you a copy of the custom map that they built. not just the printout showing HP and torque, but the actual map that they built and loaded into your ECU. That way, you always have a copy of what is loaded, and can re-load or modify it later on down the road.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/00BAD1D7A2C84EEAAEDE007B05A53836.jpg[/IMG]
Good idea, thanks for that...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: kpreese

ORIGINAL: bobcowan
Unless something has changed, there is nothing to install (except installing the software on your computer). The interface box just plugs in when you use it and you unplug it when done. It doesn't stay on the bike and there is nothing to splice or wire in. Nothing to it.

Kevin
Yes, that is correct. It's a software installation. But some people have reported trouble getting it loaded.

Quick Reply: Questions About Dyno Tune