Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade my sportster in for street bob?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 03:55 AM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default trade my sportster in for street bob?

I baught a new sportster 48 in june..rode her for the summer..lotsa cons to owning this girls bike..im 5'11 240 lbs for one..mileage another...but can I justify paying another 200 for the street bob a month..looking for some opinions and comments to help me make up my mind..thanks

Old 10-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Danish-chopper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is allways a matter of taste, style and money, whitch bike you prefer. With your size i would say a dyna would fit you well.
My dad had a 99" sportster 1200 custom, and was really satisfied with it. He was smaller than me. I am arround 6'2, and i found the bike a bit to the small side, but i still really liked it. But i never regret that when i bought my own, i chose a 2007 street bob. I love the bike. Mine is lowered, and i plan to do 14" apes and a new mustang seat, then it will be perfect for me.

Dont listen too much to what others say.. If you like your sporty.. Keep it. If you feel like changing for a dyna, and can afford it whithout killing your economy... Go for it.

But to answer you question, then on the plus side for the dyna if you ask me.
Bigger engine, beefier/lower looks, better comfort/riding position...

Old 10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
matto371
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best thing you can do is take one out for a test ride then you'll know. If you cab afford it and like it more then that's your answer. I loved my sporty cut the dyna was just all around better for me .

Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

x 2 on both of the above responses.
I'm 6' and a little heavier, but love my Street Bob. HAD to put forwards on it. I also added a seat but I got a great deal on it, if it wasn't for that I would still be having the Brawler that came on it.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:20 AM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sportster or Dyna, hmmm. There's a reason Dyna's cost more.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,037 Likes on 775 Posts

No doubt the SB is more comfortable and you can modify it to fit your riding position. I bought a Sporty in '87 mostly because it was what I could afford. Sure, there is a big difference between the 2 bikes and there's times I wish I could have both. Why would you call the Sporty a girl's bike? Your words, yet you bought it.
If you didn't ride the Dyna before you made the buying decision you have to expect to pay for that mistake. And if you can afford the extra cost of making the change I'm sure you'll be more than happy you did.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

another 200 for the street bob a month
What is that calculation based on? There is not that much difference in price between a sporty and a dyna.

The real question is how you can bring down the payment. The rest is obvious...

Old 10-05-2013, 12:46 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
What is that calculation based on? There is not that much difference in price between a sporty and a dyna.

The real question is how you can bring down the payment. The rest is obvious...
Thats what I was thinking. If that figure is based on you trading the sportster in, unless you put a big down payment, they are going to screw you on trade in because you will be upside down big time. I would sell the sportster outright because you can get more for it that way. Then I would look at used dynas. There are plenty of used dynas out there with low miles on them that you could get for a lot cheaper than a new one.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Midge54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beginning of the month I traded my 01 1200 in on a 2012 wide glide, I added over 200 a month on my payment, however I'm 6'0" and ride two up a lot and found the dyna fit what I needed better, plus I like the way it rides better. Like everyone else is saying, test ride, if it fits your needs better and you can afford it, then make the switch, if not hell you still have a harley to enjoy

Old 10-05-2013, 01:11 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input guys..200 a month extra yeah because the 3 grand that gets thrown ontop..but i called it a girls bike because thats what all the idiots at work call it even my father in law..rather anoying you work to make payments on a harley that gets no respect..other reason is good riding destinations make it a headache to ride to with the small tank..dyna gets me there no prob..and two up will be too much for the little bike..i can afford the extra 200 a month..i guess i guess the extra money is paying yet again for ona my mistakes..forty eight great looking fun bike for around town but to rip out to the side towns..need that extra bit the dyna has...just sucks i need to make yet another down payment

Quick Reply: trade my sportster in for street bob?