Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade my sportster in for street bob?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

JohnnyLew,

PowerCommander V. Looking back, that would be the first thing I would purchase as it will eventually be something you have to get. Especially, after a stage one A/C, then exhaust..

10' T-bars are the second best upgrade I made...first being the power commander V.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:26 AM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

right on Dutch thanks for the input..once i take delivery of my sbob i got shortshots and fuel pack to sell.. thow that money at that and a thunderheader still got my heavy breather from the sporty still new..i just need to order backing plate to fit the dyna..im sure my exhaust and fuel pack will be under someones tree this xmas haha..

Old 10-12-2013, 12:29 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
right on Dutch thanks for the input..once i take delivery of my sbob i got shortshots and fuel pack to sell.. thow that money at that and a thunderheader still got my heavy breather from the sporty still new..i just need to order backing plate to fit the dyna..im sure my exhaust and fuel pack will be under someones tree this xmas haha..
Great ideas. Keep posting updates..

Old 10-19-2013, 06:38 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Just wanted to say i pulled the trigger on the 2014 charcoal pearl street bob after all i take delivery next thursday..just intime for keepin her warm and undercover for winter..gonna drive me crazy not getting to ride untill spring

Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Pappy1955
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats on the SB!

I have seen the Street Glide in Charcoal Pearl. Nice color choice. I ride a
'12 Fat Bob - only motorcycle I have ever ridden (other than the little Honda in the safety class) - I love it. But, been coveting a '14 SG. LOLOL

Have a blast on your new Baby!

Old 10-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Pappy1955
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatty Mods

BTW, Johnny Lew, I upgraded to V&H Big Shots, Arlen Ness Big Sucker intake and a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner. So...that sort of set up may work for you. A bit pricey though.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:20 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Awesome pappy sounds good fat bobs are killer too few in town here.nice set up you got..i got the screamin eagle heavy breather..gonna get thunderheader exhaust..and not sure what tuner...im sure when i install there will be new tuners out haha..street glides are nice but dynas are the sh#t

Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

If you think that you'r riding a "girls bike", it is your head that needs changing not the bike.

You would take a big hit trading it in at the wholesale price. Dumb is as dumb does.

Ride it for two to three years you just may bond to the bike by then. The 48 is a great bike.

Get all your numbers together and call Suzy Orman. I can predict what she will tell you without any of the financial info - DENIED But you will get a free T shirt.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:45 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Big hit who cares my money not yours dont worry bout it..my mind is made up and im happy money is just money...any of you guys have the badlander seat if so how is it for comfort..?

Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

OP: So when you asked for opinions and comments you were lying? You were the one that stated not wanting the additional $200/mo. payment.

That statement implies the first bike is not payed for and the owed amount will go up.

Here's a comment that you asked for. If you can't pay cash for a luxury item don't buy it.

Last edited by lh4x4; 10-20-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: trade my sportster in for street bob?