Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade my sportster in for street bob?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
Any usual upgrades that are done to the dynas right off the bat?..im gonna do the sage 1..and 10" t-bars.. but anything else ?
Tuner if changing a/c and pipes. Some longer rides will tell ya if you need to change the seat and suspension. Then cams, goes on and on...

Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep your Sporty!

I absolutely LOVE having two bikes. I even bought the Sporty second.

They are obviously very different from each other, but similarly different than a rolling couch.

Sort of like having two women...

Attached Thumbnails trade my sportster in for street bob?-bothbikesb.jpg   trade my sportster in for street bob?-bothbikesc.jpg  
Old 10-11-2013, 02:54 PM
DravenGSX
Cruiser

I agree ... Keep the sporty! I miss mine terribly. Make room for two bikes, it'll be worth it.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:48 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

Traded my 2005 1200 in for my Street Bob 4 years ago. Miss the pep of the sporty but really love the SB. Go for it, you wont regret it. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:47 PM
ExDucRider
Tourer

My nephew bought his 883 last year as his first bike. Then he quickly learned how he wants a SB. Make long story short, he did trade that 883 to SB last May. At first he was having regret, but after we went for a few long road trip, he wish that he would have bought the SB to begin with.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i think im pretty set on trading the sporty in..at 27 i wish i could afford 2 brand new harleys..but il have the sbob and m 02 zx9r which i did a frame off restoration/customization..did a whole thread on that build...so if i need pep and speed i can use the ninja.. but riding that will be the last chapter in my life selling that next spring..il stick to cruising the harley also ona the destinations il be hitting up next year is couple hours from here..the forty eight just wont cut it.. guess i was trying to own a harley for cheap but for my needs i need the bigger bike esp if im throwin the mrs on the back..loved the sporty she was mint for brawling through town..but up where i live its all about the open road..not many fuel stations between towns..the sporty wouldnt even make it

Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

seems to be more happy dyna owners who have made the trade..if i lived in the city or already owned a bigger bike the forty eight id keep..but like i said..once i hit the road it sucks being paranoid about fuel rather than enjoying the taste of them bugs

Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior

Get the SB, Trade or sell the sporty unless you want two bike payments. I have a SG and would like to have a SB as a second bike.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

thats a nice sg Rootro..yeah this week coming im gonna throw the downpayment and make the trade..get it done and over with the only thing i was debating was the extra money a month on the sb..but aslong as it makes me happy its worth it!! bringing home the charcoal pearl

Old 10-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
thats a nice sg Rootro..yeah this week coming im gonna throw the downpayment and make the trade..get it done and over with the only thing i was debating was the extra money a month on the sb..but aslong as it makes me happy its worth it!! bringing home the charcoal pearl
Congrats, enjoy it.

Quick Reply: trade my sportster in for street bob?