Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading pipes, air filter on 06 Dyna WG

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:16 PM
JessaC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading pipes, air filter on 06 Dyna WG

Hi all - new to the board and fairly new to ownin' a harley (been about a year now). I am starting to get the itch to make some changes and I have this question for the folks that have already been down this road:

What's your opinion on this combination of goodies? I'm trying to find the best combination of value and price. Also, what is your take on getting the "stealership" to do the upgrades vs. a local bike shop? [ol][*]Arlen Ness Big Sucker (w/appropriate K&N filter)[*]V&H Big Shots Staggered[*]PC III USB (do I have to get this dyno'd or are the published maps generally pretty good?)[/ol]
Lots o' questions, I know - but I'm hoping there are others out there who have been down this road and can help me. I have been doing lots of research and am looking now for the "been there, done that" perspective...

Thanks all,
Jessa

[hr]
[IMG]local://upfiles/26573/064E7A25668C4724B912E385D7DA2703.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Upgrading pipes, air filter on 06 Dyna WG

That's a great (and very common) combo. The Dynotech standard maps out to get you in the ballpark. You may still opt for a dyno run later, or someone here might share their map with you.

I suggest you get your PCIII from FuelMoto. They will create a map for you based on the components you describe and ship the PCIII preconfigured.

Good luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Good options list and decent value for the money - not the way I went, but close. Should work well for ya! And down the road a good dyno tune will put you dead on. Good Luck!

As for dealer or indy install - I went with dealer when I bought the bike so everything would be covered under the 2 year warranty (even the pipes - nice dealler!!). But check labor rates and have both shops disclose warranty on their work, and check w/your dealer about your bike's warranty if an indy does the install just to be safe. Should be ok, or at least is supposed to be, but best to have them confirm it.

Chip

Old 03-10-2007, 01:54 PM
JessaC
Intermediate

Not sure if I am replying the right way, but what the hell...

Thanks for the feedback - I am definitely glad to hear some agreement with my selections so far. I have a dealership that I am probably going to go with - spoke with one of the parts/sales guys this morning though and got a little ticked off. He was quoting me $50 - $100 more for the parts I am going to be getting (even $8 more on the gaskets!). I busted him on it and he then said he would match what I had found - is this common? I hate feeling like I am getting ripped off and worried that I might get ripped off and not even know it next time!!

Thanks again guys,
J.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Your dealer will probably never match the prices you can get elsewhere. If oyu can get them to, more power to you. Perhaps the labor will line his pockets enough to meet the prices on the hardware.

If he doesn't, consider the increased price a convenience tax for a one-stop upgrade shop.

Good luck. Be sure to post pics when you're done.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:11 PM
JessaC
Intermediate

Hi Scott - thanks for the reply. I actually just finished that post and got a call from the dealer and saying they will match the prices I found online! I was pretty suprised myself, I have to tell you...

Sidenote - I noticed you are in Dallas - do you ride with any of the chapters in the area? I joined the Panther Creek chapter a while back but haven't participated yet.
J.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:33 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

If they said the would match any online pricing, check here first, they both give generous discounts...
http://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/or
https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

see if they'll match these prices.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 AM
JessaC
Intermediate

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the parts through the dealership - this is what I ended up with (incl. prices):

V&H Big Shot staggered $599
PC III USB $349
Arlen Ness Big Sucker $139.95
Seals $7.99 x 2

The dealership has to order the big sucker so the work won't happen until that comes in. Hopefully soon, I'm ready to rock and roll!!!
J.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

check out the on-line prices like was mentioned. also check M&M and Eastern performance. I gave about $85 for the AN BS, so know you can certainly find some cheaper prices, and maybe negotiate with the dealer if he still agrees to match the price.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/C71668C1E29D4178B57DE52823F0BD17.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-16-2007, 03:10 PM
JessaC
Intermediate

BIKE IS ALL DONE!!!! AN Big Sucker, PC III, and VH BSS - I LOVE IT!!!!

Check it out:

[IMG]local://upfiles/26573/6B2C5150464E4E0999F80080265ADE87.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Upgrading pipes, air filter on 06 Dyna WG