Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading pipes, air filter on 06 Dyna WG

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:12 PM
JessaC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Upgrading pipes, air filter on 06 Dyna WG

I wanted to say a thank you too for all the folks who took the time to reply with your experience and info - I really appreciate it!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 AM
SteelersWG
Novice

I just did the same type upgrades. I went with the PCIII , the V style air flow kit through Kyryoken, and the slash cut Samson exhaust....I included a Picture.....I love the extra power and response I got.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26013/86C43EC67A0C4608A1FEF3FE98CA3AB0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 AM
JessaC
Intermediate

That V style air flow is SWEET!!!! Nice looking ride you got there.....

ORIGINAL: SteelersWG

I just did the same type upgrades. I went with the PCIII , the V style air flow kit through Kyryoken, and the slash cut Samson exhaust....I included a Picture.....I love the extra power and response I got.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26013/86C43EC67A0C4608A1FEF3FE98CA3AB0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-31-2007, 12:56 AM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I,m another new guy and have been enjoying this post because I too am coming up on a year with my 06 WG and ready to upgrade, but going a little cheaper route. I odered the VH slip on's and was thinking of going with the SE intake. I have an extended waranty so I was thinking I'll havethe dealer recalibrate the computer.
I got the slip on's for a $100 under suggested retail.

Anything I should know concerning the warranty that will get me into trouble down the road.

BTW, I really like your bike JessaC. What does your passengers think of your seat and foot pads? My wife is not too happy with the pegs and stock seat on my bike.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:10 PM
JessaC
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: 06BlackWG

BTW, I really like your bike JessaC. What does your passengers think of your seat and foot pads? My wife is not too happy with the pegs and stock seat on my bike.
Thank you! I got the seat from mustang and the pax footboards specifically for my partner - I also added the sissy bar as she refuses to ride "without something to hold her on the back". From what she has told me the footboards have also made all the difference with the ride - feels more stable and secure to her.

The seat is a "wide studded super touring seat" - you can see it on the mustang website here: http://www.mustangseats.com/dyna/dyna.shtml#a I have to say it has been worth every single penny, too.

Good luck with your upgrades - it's an addiction, isn't it? ;-)

Old 03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

regarding dealer prices... you should always go into the dealership armed with knowledge (this rule applies to everything you might do in there BTW).

You should always know what MSRP is for whatever you are interested in. many dealers offer discounts if you areHOG member, or AMA, or ABATE.
Many folks, and I don't disagree, feel that buying at your local shop helps support your community.
Also, when you start shopping online, you have to consider the discount you might get locally, factor the cost of shipping, etc.
I'm not saying you should buy from the dealer, or not.. I'm just saying that knowledge is power.
Any dealer charging over MSRP should be ignored and shunned.