Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Floorboards for 02 FXDWG???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Jake88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Floorboards for 02 FXDWG???

I have always wanted to upgrade to floorboards on my Wide GLide. I have only seen two sets in the J&P catalog. One looks worthless and the other looks pretty decent. The ad talks about having plenty of "fore" and "aft" movement. whatever the hell that is? Anyway, I just wanted to see if any of you Wide Gliders have floorboards, and which ones do you prefer? Thanks and ride safe!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Jake88
Tourer
Default RE: Driver Floorboards for 02 FXDWG???

ANybody? I'll try back when I get a thousand posts.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
aceman64
2nd Gear

You can search ebay and look for Dyna Defender footboards. They are a direct bolt on for your bike. I saw a set go for $800 so be prepared.

Ace

Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres a set....I did purchase them from J&P.......I think these are the ones youre talking about.............they have a full 7 inches of travel any direction.........theyre pretty sturdy.....good quality.......part number 5500105....................124.99................. .theyre ugly but comfy............................................. ....LOLIFE........................................ ..............

[IMG]local://upfiles/19303/CAC8386D2EC743B080F181B4AE9E6A13.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Jake88
Tourer

Thanks LoLife! THose are the ones I was talking about. Can you pm me some more pics if you ahve them? They look a little out of place, but I am so tired of looking for more room to put my feet. Ride safe!

Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

Jake88,
I searched for a long time for boards for my 01 WG. I ended up getting HD heel rests instead and am very pleased. As far as boards go, the ones you are looking at represent the best option I found. For me, it ended up being an aesthetics decision. I don't think the boards would look right with my setup. They look great on Lolife's Bob. I'm still a little curious how they would feel. I hope you will post your experience with them when/if you purchase.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 AM
SmoothRider
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: WdGldDave

Jake88,
I searched for a long time for boards for my 01 WG. I ended up getting HD heel rests instead and am very pleased. As far as boards go, the ones you are looking at represent the best option I found. For me, it ended up being an aesthetics decision. I don't think the boards would look right with my setup. They look great on Lolife's Bob. I'm still a little curious how they would feel. I hope you will post your experience with them when/if you purchase.

What do you think about your heel rest? I was looking at doing those as well but I am on the fence. I installed the Kuryakyn forward control extention kit, and now when I am out for a long ride my legs get tired. I thought if I put the heel rest on I could cut down on the fatique a little bit.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SmoothRider

ORIGINAL: WdGldDave

Jake88,

What do you think about your heel rest? I was looking at doing those as well but I am on the fence. I installed the Kuryakyn forward control extention kit, and now when I am out for a long ride my legs get tired. I thought if I put the heel rest on I could cut down on the fatique a little bit.
My plan also. Eventually purchase the Fwd control extensions and some heel rests. Then eventually some nice looking engine guards (Lindbar style for example) and some additional highway pegs.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact same boards that Lolife has and I must agree that they are very comfy. I really do not mind the look. It is kinda different and that may be why I like them, not just anyone has boards on a "Bob" or in your case a w glide. Good luck in whatever you do.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Jake88
Tourer

Thanks guys!Good advice and info all the way around. I have kicked around getting the heel rests vs. the floor boards for a couple of years. I am embarrassed to say that I still have the stock pegs. They are almost completely bald. ANyways, I will be making a decision in the next month and I will post the results. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Driver Floorboards for 02 FXDWG???