Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just can"t get comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:29 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just can"t get comfortable

2008 dyna superglide, changed seats 5 times cannot find the right one changed the bars 3 times, just can"t get comfortable on this bike anyone have a suggestion ,love the bike just need to make it work. thinking of going to a lepera 2 up seat and see how that works. and maybe go back to mid controls ,been running a solo seat and forwards and need to change

Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Mustang vintage wide with backrest? Its hard to make a suggestion based on so little info. I kept mids and added hwy pegs. The mustang was my 3rd and last seat

Old 09-27-2013, 01:54 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

My Danny Gray Solo Big seat has been a charm with forwards and stock mini apes.
Just wonderful.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:20 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Might not be the seat and bars that are your problem. Have you tried different foot positions?

Old 09-27-2013, 06:04 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe try a cheap set of bolt on full size footboards that replace the forward pegs. They are under $100 new (cheaper used). If it is the answer, then you can get the FLD kit for about $400. The ability of the footboards to hold your feet in 75MPH wind allows you to relax your legs, then reevaluate the seats and bars.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:20 AM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jojo2dog
2008 dyna superglide, changed seats 5 times cannot find the right one changed the bars 3 times, just can"t get comfortable on this bike anyone have a suggestion ,love the bike just need to make it work. thinking of going to a lepera 2 up seat and see how that works. and maybe go back to mid controls ,been running a solo seat and forwards and need to change

I'm in the same position as you. I bought my Superglide new in 2007. I have put almost 20,000 miles on it all the while experimenting with the comfort level as money allowed.
This year my body seems to be complaining more on longer rides so I had decided to make my bike as comfy and convenient as I could. I was thinking trying another seat (have used stock, bare bones, Sun Downer and Street Bob). I was also thinking the new floorboard kit and a nice set of saddlebags would finally bring my Dyna to a new level of comfort and convenience. I added up all of the cost and came to the conclusion that maybe it was time for a 2014 Road King. Sure the Road King cost much much more than upgrades but I finally have a few more dollars than sense and feel real comfortable on long rides on my Dad's Ultra (when he lets me borrow it). Sorry that this post doesn't help with your search for comfort but it felt good to finally admit out loud that I'm going to the touring side of Harley. Wish I could keep both.

Last edited by expy; 09-27-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:24 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ritalin = works every time!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 AM
PaiN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jojo...I went through the same thing with a 2012 Fat Bob I bought in the spring. No matter what I did I could not get comfortable on the bike for anything more than an hour ride....It was murder on a weekender I took with my wife. After changing seats about five times, then starting to look at floorboards, mid-controls, different bars and/or risers,(the engine needed a serious retune also) I decided to cut my losses and trade it in for a new bike.
I went with a new Switchback, so most of my accessories could be switched over, including a Mustang wide Vintage touring seat, the latest saddle I had gone to for the Fat Bob. The SB has a completely different feel, I love riding this bike, being comfortable makes all the difference.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the stock foot pegs, think I"ll leave the forwards on and mount them and see if that helps any

Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

JoJo, i have the 2010 fxdc. got it new, but arm and legs would fall asleep... i ended up putting forward controls, 4 1/2 in. risers on the stock bars, mustang vintage solo seat with back rest, and then i pulled the bars down a tad, and switched out the grips for some soft touch grips.. i would love to have floorboards where the mid control mounts are just for the extra comfort... but the way i have her set up i can do 400 miles a day with it, the biggest thing i found with the seat was to give it enough time to break in

Quick Reply: just can"t get comfortable