Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecm, tuner, 02 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Romprunner714
I emailed Kiwiprocycle and told them my situation. They recommended the Screamin Eagle Pro super tuner (about $375) and said a custom map would be around $260-$340.

Does anyone know if i could just get the SE pro super tuner and download a pre-made map that best fits my bike? (V&H 2-2 exhaust with big sucker A/C?)

Or is there another better option for me?

Custom mapping + the tuner is out of my budget.

You could definatley do that, lots of guys just run canned maps for a stage oe and are happy with it. SE pro tuner should also have a smart tune (maybe V tune I forget exactly what it's called for SE Tuners) that will let you dial your VE's in to fine tune it a little. The biggest problem I have ever had with canned maps is the timing, I live up north of you in the desert off hwy 395 and it gets ridiculesly hot in the summer time and that causes pinging pretty easily. You can adjust that all yourself with the SE pro tuner. There are some stickies in the EFI tuning area of the forum for all the major tuners TTS, SE, and Power Vision are the top three in my pook. I run the Power Vision as it firt my needs the best and IMHO I feel it is the most user friendly but you really can't go wrong with all three. Running a canned map will not "let my bike reach full potential with the mods i have" as you stated earlier but it will get you close enough in my book.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Romprunner714
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
You could definatley do that, lots of guys just run canned maps for a stage oe and are happy with it. SE pro tuner should also have a smart tune (maybe V tune I forget exactly what it's called for SE Tuners) that will let you dial your VE's in to fine tune it a little. The biggest problem I have ever had with canned maps is the timing, I live up north of you in the desert off hwy 395 and it gets ridiculesly hot in the summer time and that causes pinging pretty easily. You can adjust that all yourself with the SE pro tuner. There are some stickies in the EFI tuning area of the forum for all the major tuners TTS, SE, and Power Vision are the top three in my pook. I run the Power Vision as it firt my needs the best and IMHO I feel it is the most user friendly but you really can't go wrong with all three. Running a canned map will not "let my bike reach full potential with the mods i have" as you stated earlier but it will get you close enough in my book.
By smart tune, do you mean Auto tune? if so, is that a much more expensive version?

Im looking to spend under $400. so im thinking about just getting the SE super tuner pro and downloading a map that best suits my bike. Will this make a noticeable.. or should i say.. a $400 difference in performance?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Romprunner714
By smart tune, do you mean Auto tune? if so, is that a much more expensive version?

Im looking to spend under $400. so im thinking about just getting the SE super tuner pro and downloading a map that best suits my bike. Will this make a noticeable.. or should i say.. a $400 difference in performance?

The smart tune is part of the SE tuner, it comes with it. It's not a auto tune, what is does is lets you calibrate your VE's by using the stock narrow band O2 sensors, MAP sensor and I'm sure a couple other sensors come into play. I have never personally used the SE tuners so I can't comment on it's effectivness but I can say the (pretty much) same feature on TTS and Power Vision work really well. I have used the Power Vision to tune my bike when it was a stage 1 and again after my 107 build with cams and headwork and have had great results. Is it going to make a $400 differance in your ride? Can't say for sure as every bike is different and every rider is different/notices different things. Berfore I got the Ppwer Vision all I was running was a pair of Xied's and honestly the bike felt great, it felt better after the tune but it is all so subjsctive it is hard to put a dollar value on how much better it felt.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Romprunner714
Advanced

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
The smart tune is part of the SE tuner, it comes with it. It's not a auto tune, what is does is lets you calibrate your VE's by using the stock narrow band O2 sensors, MAP sensor and I'm sure a couple other sensors come into play. I have never personally used the SE tuners so I can't comment on it's effectivness but I can say the (pretty much) same feature on TTS and Power Vision work really well. I have used the Power Vision to tune my bike when it was a stage 1 and again after my 107 build with cams and headwork and have had great results. Is it going to make a $400 differance in your ride? Can't say for sure as every bike is different and every rider is different/notices different things. Berfore I got the Ppwer Vision all I was running was a pair of Xied's and honestly the bike felt great, it felt better after the tune but it is all so subjsctive it is hard to put a dollar value on how much better it felt.

ohhh alright that's good to know.

Ya I understand. I just want better throttle response, a cooler motor and a richer fuel ratio. I'm hoping the SE can do all that for me.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a fyi when I first put my pcv on I loaded a canned map (one of maybe a hundred) that comes with the tuner software that was as close as they had.

I noticed a definite improvement in performance. So yes it will make a difference just how far your money goes is the million dollar question? On the SE make sure its the race version or you cant do much real tuning hth.

Last edited by Car Doc; 09-25-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Romprunner714
Advanced

Originally Posted by nevil
You'll find out, so let us know. It should be fine, since I don't think you can let too much air into the intake with the stock throttle body. I'm not aware of anyone who installed that on a Stage 1, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. And if you decide in the future to go up in the power department with cams and headwork you're one step ahead.

I put the Ness Stage 2 big sucker on yesterday, while running Vance and Hines 2 into 2 exhaust, with no tune or fuel pack (that i know of) haha. and it runs excellent. definitely an improvement.