Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience: Dealer installed Big Radius & Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013 | 09:34 AM
CoolWideGlideGuy
|
Intermediate
Default Any experience: Dealer installed Big Radius & Tuner?

I am coming here to hdforums as the source of all knowledge

I bought a new (leftover) 2013 WideGlide.
The sound with the stock exhaust sucks
The sound with slip-on's sucks equally (I think, due to the cat in the collector)

So, looking at some of the pictures here in the Dyna form, what I want is the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2.

I also checked out the PowerVision from Dynajet. This thing will re/program the Harley ECM through the diagnostic port. So no piggy-back tuner needed and it can flash all the Dynajet / Power Commander maps

The local Harley Dealership is a "certified Powervision" dealer.

I wonder if anyone out there has experience letting the dealer install all this and what a reasonable number of hours of labor would be to do this.

Really, all I want them to do is rip off the stock exhaust, put on the V&H Big Radius, hook up the O2 sensors, and get the bike running. The air cleaner, and tweaking the tune I can do myself.

I am just asking so when the dealer throws a labor hour number at me at $95/hr I'll have some comparisons.... and know what's reasonable.

Thanks

Old 09-22-2013 | 10:02 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master

You can save yourself a little more money by doing the exhaust yourself too.

Just the tune ( w / SEPRT ) cost me a little over $300.

Old 09-22-2013 | 10:26 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member

So you want them to just swap out the exhaust?

I would estimate 1 1/2 hour job so they will most likely charge you 2 hrs. labor.
Also you might want to tell them you want the old exhaust so you can resell or reinstall.

Why have them hook up the PV?

Last edited by Qdog002; 09-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-22-2013 | 10:59 AM
loopie
Road Captain

To install the above takes a basic knowledge its very easy too instal,just in stall new header nuts. THE V&h pipes I think come 02 scenscer plugs too use when you use the power commander

Old 09-22-2013 | 09:10 PM
rgr357
Tourer

I think our dealer shop rate is $85/hr. I just picked up a 2014 and had them install the V&H 2into2 on along with a Stage 1 AC and downloaded re-map. Was 1.5 hrs of shop labor. (although it took them probably 3-4hrs) The main reason I had them do it was due to the warranty. Per how I understand it the HD dealer must install performance parts for the factory warranty to be valid & it must be done within 30 or 60 days of purchase.

I also received a good deal 20% on parts - no joke (due to the bike purchase.)

Normally I would do all my own work, but for the warranty and parts price.

So now for the bad side: their installation job confirmed why I feel that way. But I wont rant about that here. Just know NOBODY cares more about your bike than you.

Old 09-22-2013 | 09:18 PM
spyderwebb
Tourer

Originally Posted by rgr357

So now for the bad side: their installation job confirmed why I feel that way. But I wont rant about that here. Just know NOBODY cares more about your bike than you.

Isn't that the truth, and why I try to do every thing I can on my own...with anything I own! It is pretty rare to find someone who is willing to show the level of attention to detail that I expect.

Last edited by spyderwebb; 09-23-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2013 | 09:30 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

you won't have to do anything to the O2 sensors with PV you need them to stay on. Do the Exhaust yourself, hell if you can do the A/C you can tackle the exhaust too! PV can use PC-V maps but it's not recommended. call fuel moto for that PV unit because they will always update your maps and help you with any problems you have, even if the dealer is selling the PV cheaper they won't be able to tune it for less than 500$..

Old 09-22-2013 | 09:41 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master

I bought a 2012 WideGlide installed the V&H exhaust And bought the Power Vision From Fuel Moto . Exhaust took me 0ne hour Power Vision 5 min .

Fuel Moto sent the Power Vision with a Down Load to start with .
Took me about a week playing with it and the bike runs very well . (and sounds good)

Old 09-23-2013 | 07:00 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior

Do it yourself!!! You will feel much better...and no a$$hole "test riding" your bike afterwards.

Old 09-23-2013 | 08:08 AM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

So if you install your own exhaust you void your factory warranty?

Quick Reply: Any experience: Dealer installed Big Radius & Tuner?