Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANYONE gone Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:59 AM
dhook57
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ANYONE gone Bluetooth?

Anyone tried these yet?
http://www.jaybirdgear.com/?CAPCID=2...10280000001678

They have $50 off with free shipping here.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6274438-jayb...ck-120-shipped

Last edited by dhook57; 09-21-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a pair of Jaybird Bluetooth headphones (8hr battery) a while back on this forum. They sounded fantastic, but the noise cancelation will definitely not allow you to remain situationally aware. The other downside was the earbuds were slightly larger than standard and wouldn't stay seated well (even with their included support) in a full-face helmet.

It didn't take long for me to realize that my pair of great $40 Sony's (with in-line mic control) wasn't too much of a hassle for it's tiny wire, no battery issues and is MUCH easier on the wallet than the $150-$200 Jaybirds.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I first tried the Jaybird Freedom Sprints, but they were too large and felt unconfortable under my 1/2 helmet with the overear padding installed. After the Jaybird X Premiums were released and in stock, I purchased a pair locally and have been using them since that time. If I remember correctly, I purchased them in February 2013.

The key is too fit them properly, i.e. chose both the correct size ear tips and correct size cushions. Of course, one thing I like about the Jaybird X Premiums is that I can link to both my GPS/XM Radio and iPhone if I want to at the same time. I'm not sure if I've actually gotten 8 hours out of them but I have run them out of juice a time or two--just never looked at the clock. I usually just use the iPhone plug-in charger to recharge the Jaybirds. If I really need to I can just plug my wired earbuds into my GPS/XM Radio as a backup.

Neither the Freedom Sprints nor the X Premiums have noise cancellation. I write that since my wired earbuds actually have an on/off switch for noise cancellation which makes a noticiable difference when switched on. Those too require a charge as well, but the noise cancellation feature does not last as long as the charge that the Jaybird X Premiums hold.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:11 PM
DM1975
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to get a blue tooth setup for my iPhone. I don't wear a helmet (I know I'm stupid, I don't care) and wouldn't mind being able to hear tunes and keep the wind from damaging my hearing any more. What would be a good recommended setup for not allot of cash?

Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried a similar bluetooth setup. Worked sort of OK but having to remember to charge the headset and it running out mid-journey anyway killed it for me.

My iPod in a jacket inner pocket and a bit of wire up the jacket to some standard ear buds works better for me.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Oates
I had a pair of Jaybird Bluetooth headphones (8hr battery) a while back on this forum. They sounded fantastic, but the noise cancelation will definitely not allow you to remain situationally aware. The other downside was the earbuds were slightly larger than standard and wouldn't stay seated well (even with their included support) in a full-face helmet.

It didn't take long for me to realize that my pair of great $40 Sony's (with in-line mic control) wasn't too much of a hassle for it's tiny wire, no battery issues and is MUCH easier on the wallet than the $150-$200 Jaybirds.
+1 on the sony ear buds with the inline mic/volume control. I put my iPhone in my pocket and run the cord under my shirt so it doesn't fly around in the wind. On the lone trips I put my iphone in airplane mode and listen to my tunes. In airplane mod you battery is saved, lasted men 18hrs on my road trip to milwaukee last month, the bluetooth can't do that. When I would stop, I would change out of airplane mode, check messages and then put it back. And yea, it does save the ears by blocking all that wind pressure going across them.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

I haven't tried the Jaybirds but just ordered these to try, and they just went on sale:

Amazon.com: Blinc M1 Bluetooth 2.0 Integrated Communication Module Add On for All Helmets: Automotive Amazon.com: Blinc M1 Bluetooth 2.0 Integrated Communication Module Add On for All Helmets: Automotive

I can let you know how they do when they come in. These do have a replaceable battery, so I may see about getting a spare for the longer rides.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:32 AM
ZeroThoughts
Advanced

I use Scala G4 and am very happy with it.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:32 AM
joshpg3412
Intermediate

if you mess with a full face like me, the sena smh10 is totally worth the money.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...etooth-headset

Old 09-24-2013, 07:05 AM
studad
Intermediate

We use the Scala Rider Q2 Pro. Works better than I thought it would.

Quick Reply: ANYONE gone Bluetooth?