Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANYONE gone Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 05:23 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
I haven't tried the Jaybirds but just ordered these to try, and they just went on sale:

Amazon.com: Blinc M1 Bluetooth 2.0 Integrated Communication Module Add On for All Helmets: Automotive

I can let you know how they do when they come in. These do have a replaceable battery, so I may see about getting a spare for the longer rides.
I have that as well as an option for my full-face helmet. I tried velcro'ing speakers into a half-helmet but it just didn't cut it. In my opinion, the sound quality was lacking both when compared to the Jaybirds and my wired earbuds.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by studad
We use the Scala Rider Q2 Pro. Works better than I thought it would.
I have these also and they work really well with our 3/4 helmets.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by joshpg3412
if you mess with a full face like me, the sena smh10 is totally worth the money.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...etooth-headset
That sounds like something I should try, thanks

Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 PM
kt3k
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've tried all types of headphones from earbuds to modified pads and if you're not wearing a full face you wont hear anything unless you just completely blast it. when you come to a stop and realize the volume youre at its a little worrisome how loud they are... a full fairing or windshield might help though

Old 09-24-2013, 08:06 PM
zimm
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I run a Sena Bluetooth with aftermarket helmet speakers just for pandora from my phone on my commute. Never tried the intercom. Actually took a phone call once. But I use it mostly on my KTM. With the fall weather I've been commuting on the harley lately and I just turn it off, the engine sounds better than most bands on tinny speakers.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by kt3k
i've tried all types of headphones from earbuds to modified pads and if you're not wearing a full face you wont hear anything unless you just completely blast it. when you come to a stop and realize the volume youre at its a little worrisome how loud they are... a full fairing or windshield might help though
That's where a good noise cancellation feature comes in handy. I have at times simply turned that feature on as well without turning on the music. Then I can still hear the pipes somewhat yet there seems to be very little wind noise. Notice I refer to noise cancellation instead of noise isolating.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

if you mess with a full face like me, the sena smh10 is totally worth the money.

Originally Posted by zimm
I run a Sena Bluetooth with aftermarket helmet speakers just for pandora from my phone on my commute. Never tried the intercom. Actually took a phone call once. But I use it mostly on my KTM. With the fall weather I've been commuting on the harley lately and I just turn it off, the engine sounds better than most bands on tinny speakers.
I have the Sena as well. They have headsets for both FF and half helmets.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 AM
dhook57
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got the Jaybirds in and could not be happier. Easy to pair, great distance,and most importantly great sound. These sound every bit as good as a wired mp3 player. The buds come with 3 different size cushions for optimal fit and once fitted are comfortable and make it easy to get to the control switch. I found the sound perfect with bass just where you want it and seperation as good if not better than my wired mp3 player. At this price point and if your tired of messing with wires for $119 to my door these are the winners.
Shot of me wearing them below.

Attached Thumbnails ANYONE gone Bluetooth?-wp_20130926_003.jpg  
Old 09-26-2013, 12:59 PM
chris h.
Tourer

I've got the SMH10 waiting for me at home... I'll report back in a week or so.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:03 PM
iammulva
Cruiser

Good to know - I'm about to pull the trigger on that one.

Quick Reply: ANYONE gone Bluetooth?