Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Fat Bob: Okay I was wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:05 PM
DM426
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 772 Likes on 369 Posts
Default 2014 Fat Bob: Okay I was wrong...

I've been one of the people bitching the loudest about the changes made for the 2014 Fat Bob. The new rear fender, the hideous paint scheme, the mix of black and chrome parts, etc. Well, maybe I was a wee bit harsh because it's pretty cool in person.

It pains me to admit it, but I couldn't leave without it so I bought the black one. Pipes are going on now and should be riding this weekend.

Okay, so I was wrong. Sue me.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

People like what they like, you don't need to apologize. It's a damn cool bike in my opinion. Can't wait to see your pics.

At least you aren't one of those sissy touring-bike riders!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 PM
SomisMoto
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DM426
I've been one of the people bitching the loudest about the changes made for the 2014 Fat Bob. The new rear fender, the hideous paint scheme, the mix of black and chrome parts, etc. Well, maybe I was a wee bit harsh because it's pretty cool in person.

It pains me to admit it, but I couldn't leave without it so I bought the black one. Pipes are going on now and should be riding this weekend.

Hahaha how long did you think about this?
You make it sound as if you walked in the dealership one time and just swung the bill?!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've often thought that HD need better photographers, most of the bikes look way better in real life than in pics

...unlike my ex

Old 09-18-2013, 05:57 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i saw the new ones and i still think they are fugly. just sayin.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM
CoolWideGlideGuy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DM426

So what pipes did you get on that bike?
I saw the FB's in person, a black one with the stripe. From the side, not bad, but the back tail light - still a design problem.

I hate the sound of both WG and FB that have the Tommy Gun exhaust. The collector is filled with a cat and it sounds horrible. Take it from me, slipons won't fix it. So I am looking for a good exhaust.

By good exhaust I don't mean "a bunch of 55 gal drums falling down the side of a mountain". What happened to the great Harley sound?

Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by iDodgimus
I've often thought that HD need better photographers, most of the bikes look way better in real life than in pics

...unlike my ex
Funny. I used to know a guy who took promo shots for the Honda sportbike marketing team. He said the best shots never made the cut. The marketing people were more interested in having the newest features clearly visible.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:37 PM
gadianton3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new bike. I wish I would have bought the Fat bob instead of my '12 street bob. My bro has a 08 fat bob that handles way better than mine. He was the one that actually talked me into the death wobble machine when I had every intention of buying a fat bob from the beginning. He said he thought the SB looked better stock. I thought so to. Anyway, I'm totally jealous of your new bike.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CoolWideGlideGuy
What happened to the great Harley sound?
well part of it is due to fuel injection.... the harley sound is based off a carb.

as for the fat bob, ill continue to dislike the new fender design until i see it in person. i actually think the new paint schemes are sweet. the street bob got a nice lookin gun metal gray this year, ive seen that in person and it looks killer!!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. I have yet to see one in person.

Gadianton3 - the SB is solid bike. Maybe you have an alignment problem. Aside from dual brakes you should be in good shape and you can upgrade your calipers and pads to improve it. Don't the green grass fool ya.

Quick Reply: 2014 Fat Bob: Okay I was wrong...