Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Term Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM
DynaRider85
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Term Comfort

I'm about to go for a 2,000 mile ride from Utah to Laguna Seca, California and wanted to know what everybody liked the most as far as highway bars/pegs.

I'd like to stay away from highway bars if possible but didn't know what everyone thought about the pegs with stirrups, cruise pegs off the frame etc.

I did about 1,000 mile trip earlier this year to the Laughlin River Run and I'm with just pegs and really want to know if anybody knows of a good battle tested setup for a 2004 FXD. I've looked online and really haven't found anything that's sold me.

Thanks guys/gals, ride on.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently did a very similar ride from Utah to CA, then up to Seattle and back. I did it very comfortably with my RSD seat and Rifle fairing. Honestly though to me, the best comfort feature on the trip was just having a different place to put my feet. I have forward controls normally but, I had also mounted some mid pegs as well. My feet were on the mids for a good chunk of the ride. I'd recommend those hands down before anything else.
Have a great trip man!

Old 09-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also remount my mids when long hauling. works great.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very happy with the small isopegs w/ stirrups on as mids. the only complaint i have is i need to put a small guard to keep my heel from hitting the exhaust ( big feet). otherwise they're awesome. i probably wouldnt use them on forward controls for clearance issues. as for highway mounts it would depend on where they were mounted.

i have the large iso pegs on harley's highway peg mounts. i think they need to be spaced a little farther apart and im thinking of replacing the large pegs with mini boards or some beartraps. just something to spread the pressure out.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:52 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,228 Likes on 2,461 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaRider85
I'm about to go for a 2,000 mile ride from Utah to Laguna Seca, California and wanted to know what everybody liked the most as far as highway bars/pegs.

I'd like to stay away from highway bars if possible but didn't know what everyone thought about the pegs with stirrups, cruise pegs off the frame etc.

I did about 1,000 mile trip earlier this year to the Laughlin River Run and I'm with just pegs and really want to know if anybody knows of a good battle tested setup for a 2004 FXD. I've looked online and really haven't found anything that's sold me.

Thanks guys/gals, ride on.
Below are a couple of choices that can really make a difference.

Heel rests that mount right off your existing pegs.

Click HERE for pics and info.

Stealth Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit

Click HERE for pics and info.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Mustang touring seat and floorboards is what I use. All day comfort.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 AM
SomisMoto
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only had my FXD for a few months now. I have mid controls and highway pegs. I just mounted up some 14" apes. And while I enjoy cruising with my legs stretched out on the highway pegs, I feel much more in control and stable with the mid controls.
I do occasionally just shift with the rear of my foot while on the highway pegs.
I aslo have a background in Motocross and I'm only 6'0, so that may have something to do with it.