Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Road Rage, Model Clarification and Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Somebody on the Forum did a decibel check on the Performance then the Quiet Baffle - it was a small difference, about 2 decibels. Highly recommend the Quiet baffle, it is loud enough.
One of my neighbors/drinking buddy stopped by for a beer while I was packing the baffle and asked what the hell I was doing. I told him I was hoping to quiet the pipe down a little. He said, "man, it's cool...you're like my snooze alarm in the mornings. When I hear you leave, I know I'm late." He wants me to make it louder.

Unfortunately, the folks right next to me do not agree.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:23 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm glad the shrink fog method worked out for you.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:41 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SLV
I'm glad the shrink fog method worked out for you.
Another one of your great ideas.

BTW, can you send me your skate wheel shifter mod again? I can't find it and I've found a wheel I want to use.

http://www.activerideshop.com/Skateb...Classic-Wheels

Old 12-15-2013, 06:48 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

AAARRGH!

Old exhaust off, about to bolt up the Bassani, and mine didn't have the 12 mm sensor adapters!

Taking a break to cool down and thinking about installing the bungs and disabling the sensors with my Power Vision since my map is entirely open loop anyway.

Dammit.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
AAARRGH!

Old exhaust off, about to bolt up the Bassani, and mine didn't have the 12 mm sensor adapters!

Taking a break to cool down and thinking about installing the bungs and disabling the sensors with my Power Vision since my map is entirely open loop anyway.

Dammit.

That sucks. It would be my typical luck.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

It has been my experience more often than not with mods to this bike.

So, I've read that I can disable my O2 senors using a Power Vision, but don't see where yet. I'm gonna have to spend some time with Google.

Looks like I'm on hold for tonight, and maybe longer until I get the adapters.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Since it's Monday, most of the local Indy shops are closed, and the couple that are open don't have any.

Directcycleparts is sending a set out to me today, but looks like I'm stuck until the weekend unless one of the local guys who are open tomorrow can hook me up.

This has me concerned that I didn't get the '91-'14 version of the pipe though, since the adapters aren't on the inventory sheet and the new version is supposed to come with them. That means I may also have the same bracket issue that Alan and others had.

I'm gonna pick up some steel spacers tonight on the way home just in case.

Alan, do you have a pic of the new improved bracket I can compare to what came in the box.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:10 PM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since it's Monday, most of the local Indy shops are closed, and the couple that are open don't have any.

Directcycleparts is sending a set out to me today, but looks like I'm stuck until the weekend unless one of the local guys who are open tomorrow can hook me up.

This has me concerned that I didn't get the '91-'14 version of the pipe though, since the adapters aren't on the inventory sheet and the new version is supposed to come with them. That means I may also have the same bracket issue that Alan and others had.

Alan, do you have a pic of the new improved bracket I can compare to what came in the box.
I just installed Road Rage 13122j, they came with plugs and adapters. Fit was perfect, way better than Vance and Hines pro-pipe.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Cool

So, Chip from San Diego Customs came in on his day off to get me some adapters.

The sweet sound of new exhaust should fill the air of my garage in a few hours.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:29 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

I thought there was a pic on my Bassani thread, I will go look. The new bracket replaces 2 brackets that were used before, so if you got 2 muffler brackets( one that goes on the transmission, one on the muffler) then you got a old version. If you only got one bracket, then you have the new set-up.

Quick Reply: Bassani Road Rage, Model Clarification and Questions??