Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Road Rage, Model Clarification and Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got off the phone with a Bassani distributor... Best price I can get for the 1d5250b is $580 + shipping... Not bad seeing the retail around $650-700.

There's actually one on ebay right now for $500, it's new but has some scratches on the end cap. They'd buff out, but the guy won't ship to Canada... FML.

I'm working with Tyler from Sawicki Speed Shop now to see what we can come up with, and what it'll cost.

Once I get some numbers I'll decide which route to go.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:41 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So, Hutch, what did you end up with?

Since cracking the heat shield on my V&H, I'm back into shopping for a new 2-1. The upsweep looks cool, but has been screwing me since day one with other options.

Steve at spfabrication sent me some pretty cool options. I think I'm going with something from him in the next few weeks...plus he's local to me so the personal service is a huge plus.

Last edited by SquidHead; 11-25-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead

Since cracking the heat shield on my V&H, I'm back into shopping for a new 2-1. The upsweep looks cool, but has been screwing me since day one with other options.

Steve at spfabrication sent me some pretty cool options. I think I'm going with something from him in the next few weeks...plus he's local to me so the personal service is a huge plus.
Neither yet, haha... Snow is on the ground here in Alberta, and will be until spring. I have quite a few mods I'd like to get done but I've got some time.

I'm in the middle of a basement reno so my funds have been going elsewhere, but I'll be doing the motor work for sure before spring.

Ideally I'd get a custom pipe from Tyler at SawickiSpeedShop, practically the same as the SPF... Just fully stainless and doesn't come ceramic coated. I can get a "friend of a friend" discount for $750, when they normally retail for $1000 plus. He's in Vancouver which would cut down on shipping compared to the SPF pipe souith of the border.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Bassani... it'll give me more money to play with for other parts. From everyone I've spoke with, its a solid pipe, looks good, and has excellent ground clearance. It probably won't preform as good, due to the short headers... but I don't mind sacrificing a hp or two.

Keep us posted on what you go with.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of the 1D5250B 2-1 Road Rage pipes and I should have them by Thursday, hopefully mounted by Friday. Once I get them on and get a ride in I'll be sure to post back.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

I got my pipe this weekend and just dropped the heat shields and end cap off for powder today.

I have the Bassani quiet baffle on the way, so I thought I'd go ahead and pull out the stock baffle.

Hey-Zeus!, that thing is in there. Have any of you other Bassani owners ever pulled the baffle? Any suggestions for getting it out?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

I got my pipe this weekend and just dropped the heat shields and end cap off for powder today.

I have the Bassani quiet baffle on the way, so I thought I'd go ahead and pull out the stock baffle.

Hey-Zeus!, that thing is in there. Have any of you other Bassani owners ever pulled the baffle? Any suggestions for getting it out?
Try using a pair of pliers and twist while pulling it out. It's how I got mine out.

Wait until you put it back in.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Try using a pair of pliers and twist while pulling it out. It's how I got mine out.

Wait until you put it back in.
The suspense is killing me...what happens when I try to put it back in?

Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

The suspense is killing me...what happens when I try to put it back in?
It's just harder to get it back in than it was taking it out.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by izzyryder
It's just harder to get it back in than it was taking it out.
Oh joy...my hands haven't recovered from the fork caps yet. I'll pick up an extra bottle of Jameson before I start.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Oh joy...my hands haven't recovered from the fork caps yet. I'll pick up an extra bottle of Jameson before I start.
I find that, no matter how many good Catholic whiskey bottles I have, I'm always one short. Let me know how many it takes to have an "extra."

If you have access to dry ice, put some in a baggy and stuff it in the baffle, then heat the outside of the pipe with a heat gun. You should gain just enough freedom to pull the baffle out with a twisting motion.

When you go to install the new one, run the bike long enough to heat the pipe (or heat it manually) before stuffing the new one in. You'll only gain a few thousandths of an inch, but it helps a lot.

Quick Reply: Bassani Road Rage, Model Clarification and Questions??