Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-lift Motorcycle Jack

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 01:52 AM
jpk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-lift Motorcycle Jack

I just scored a Pro-lift m/c jack. I want to do my own servicing, etc and thought this would be a good start.

The guy I got it from said it should be ok for my 2012 Street Bob; he had an Ultra Classic. Anyway, I tried it last night and I am not sure about how it is lifting on the sump instead of the bike frame.

The rear jack stay is lifting on the sump on the left of the bike and the frame on the right of the bike. The front jack stay is lifting on the bike frame on the left side and nothing on the right side........ Should I be worried?

Some pictures to show what is happening...........(happy to increase the size if needed. I wanted to keep the size down). The centre picture is my main concern (so is the last I suppose).

I looked at the other forums but unfortunately the hyperlinks no longer worked. They may have helped..........

Attached Thumbnails Pro-lift Motorcycle Jack-20130910_173343-800x564-.jpg   Pro-lift Motorcycle Jack-20130910_173325-800x600-.jpg   Pro-lift Motorcycle Jack-20130910_173115-800x492-.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 02:11 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

personally I wouldn't lift it by the sump, especially with a rubber mounted engine. Your jacks lifting arms are too narrow but you can buy lifting adapters that go between the frame and the jack. There is a possibility you can modify your jack like they do with the sears red jack.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

Here is a link to the mod. you can also do a search for "sears red jack modification" on youtube

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ification.html

Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 AM
jpk
6th Gear

Thank you for the advice. Looks simple and clearly effective. I will look tomorrow in the light of day........

Can I please confirm where the jacks lifting arms should be touching? That way I can see if you mod will work on my pro-lift.

Cheers mate.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 PM
JCWideGlider
Intermediate
Default Too Late

Originally Posted by jpk
I just scored a Pro-lift m/c jack. I want to do my own servicing, etc and thought this would be a good start.

The guy I got it from said it should be ok for my 2012 Street Bob; he had an Ultra Classic. Anyway, I tried it last night and I am not sure about how it is lifting on the sump instead of the bike frame.

The rear jack stay is lifting on the sump on the left of the bike and the frame on the right of the bike. The front jack stay is lifting on the bike frame on the left side and nothing on the right side........ Should I be worried?

Some pictures to show what is happening...........(happy to increase the size if needed. I wanted to keep the size down). The centre picture is my main concern (so is the last I suppose).

I looked at the other forums but unfortunately the hyperlinks no longer worked. They may have helped..........
Regrettably, since you have already raised it, if there is damage, it is done. For around $26-$30 Harley sells a lift kit specifically intended to address this very issue. I do not know why Harley would create a circumstance like this for Dynas - Softails don't have this problem - but it is just one of those things that is making Harley owners look elsewhere...

Old 09-11-2013, 05:32 PM
jpk
6th Gear

Thanks heaps. I will go online and check it out

Cheers

Old 09-11-2013, 05:38 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

the lifting arms should contact the frame on each side of the sump. the lifting adapters are basically spacers that go between the jack and your frame. Here's a pic borrowed from another forum member

Attached Thumbnails Pro-lift Motorcycle Jack-lifting_adapters.jpg  
Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Ynot,
I agree. The Harley kit is $26 and works very well. Just follow the simple directions. I use it on my sears lift.. Also there is a video to modify the lift. . It did not work for me. Went back to the original configuation on the lift.
Roger

Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
jpk
6th Gear

Hello again. Apologies for the time to get back on line. I have been moving house.

Thanks for the updates. Unfortunately I do not have the right privileges to open the jpg, so I will go online again the find out what they look like.

Cheers and thanks for all your help This forum really is helpful and friendly.