Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't Buy From Phatperformanceparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 09:52 PM
vonivo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Buy From Phatperformanceparts.com

Plain and simple, ordered a lepara seat from them it took 3 weeks to arrive put it on and it fits poorly the upper foam pushes into your upper tailbone and the vinyl is a inch above the padding in the middle of the seat.

Dealt with Anthony in emails and man what a smug, down talking to little **** he is. They wont take the seat back and the only option's is to send it to Lepara for a replacement which I don't want to do because I bought another one and had it overnighted because of a trip I was taking and they took 3 weeks to deliver, or to loose a 15% restocking fee $15 fee for original shipping and the cost of return shipping which is $25 all that equals a 34% loss because they don't stand behind the products they sell and their website lists nothing of all these fees or policy's that he made up.

The kid even went so far as to say that if a item takes 2-3 weeks to deliver than it is a "custom order" and they wont talk to me about anything and I have to deal with the manufacturer, even though it lists nothing of this on their site.

Just a ton of emails that I will be happy to list showing what kind of service and attitude this company has after they have your money.

Here is a snipit from a email Anthony sent me,

"
Clearly something that takes 2-3 weeks is not something that is regularly stocked.

Thank You,

Phat Performance Parts

"

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 09-06-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:34 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I couldn't find their "Policy" which they proudly claim on thier ABOUT US page as being easily located

PhatPerformanceParts.com was one of the originators of Free Shipping on orders over $99. We started free shipping all the way back in 2003. We were also one of the first to actually stock popular selling items which speeds up shipping times. Our Policy disclaimer is located clearly on the bottom of our site to help you know what the rules are.

There is a PRIVACY POLICY where they promise whatever but the link the claim above is not there.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmmm, opposite of the experience I have had with them. Gee, Goes to show the biggest problem in dealing with people is just that people (either side can claim this statement). Now if we can only get our computers to do the ordering of the krap we need in life from a vendor's computer we would eliminate all the problems people cause. LOL!
Hopefully my wise **** comments have helped to put a smile on an otherwise unhappy experience.
I hope you can eventually get it resolved to your satisfaction. A smart vendor would simply take the return back ie. Summit Racing.
Bob

Old 09-06-2013, 12:42 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought my Le Pera seat from them. I waited a little but it was worth it for the price.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:43 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Bought my pipes from them. Great deal. sorry you got treated like sh@@.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:39 AM
mojo6677
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought my bars from them had no problem at all.. I had great customer service delivery was fast ... I would and will order from them again!! Sux you had bad experience with them.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

OK “Vonivo” you know the routine. Contact your credit card Co. Take pictures of the bad seat and send them along with ALL documents and e-mails from your order to “Lepara”.
Now you know to do your homework when ordering from ANYONE.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always order from Dennis Kirk when I can, they are sometimes priced slightly higher (they will do a $1 better price match but it takes a day or two) but their service is the hands down best I have dealt with.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:18 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

opposite my experience with them also, 2 orders in 2 years and both with no issues

ALSO

i found this on the help page
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/terms.asp

look underretunr policy on parts 6th bullet point down, i believe that covers this issue

Old 09-06-2013, 07:51 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why didn't you order it directly from LePera? They made me a custom seat at a great price.
A lot of mail order companies are loosing their grip with customer service. They put a wise guy in that position and regardless of the company policy you are going to have problems.

Quick Reply: Don't Buy From Phatperformanceparts.com