Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna frames

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Dyna frames

Mine is an '05. In 2006, they completely redid the DYNA models. The tubing on the frame is a larger diameter, the forks are bigger, and the motor is different, in that it was an 88, but they were trying the 96 parts out a year early to make sure all was well....makes an '06 owner feel like a guiney pig huh? I like the smaller frame tubes on the earlier ones becasue it looks cleaner to me. I swapped out my frontend to a Rick Doss 41 mm waterfall front end with 3 degrees of rake, and 3 degree bearing cups. These are not installed yet. Each his own. I like mine, and I converted to gear drive, and with the stage I download and DYNO tuned PC III, and the SE gear down kit and pressure plate she hauls a$$!!! Arlen Ness big sucker and S&S mufflers round her out! 11" progressive shocks, and other little do dad's! Will also get my 2nd set of tins custom painted, throw on my sportster 1200 Custom rear wheel, and chromed out 21" "pizza cutter" front wheel when I get home as well! I prefer Dyna's over softtails. Never would have thought that a couple of years ago, but I like the fact that the superglide is a factory custom....it's supposed to be a "bobbed FLH". The factory rear fender is a bobbed FLH rear fender, and the front end is swapped out too! Willie G Davidson built this bike in 1971 to be essentially a hot-rod "bobbed FLH". They are actually good "as is" without doing anything to them, with the exception of mufflers. But, I have to customize my bikes, so just couldn't leave well enough alone!

I just love 'em!

Joe