Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 FB rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013 | 01:03 AM
Mid-Night-Rider
|
Tourer
Default '14 FB rear fender

Am I seeing that right? Looks terrible.

Old 08-19-2013 | 01:39 AM
08sportyAU
Advanced

Yeah that new tail light and fender are both fugly

Old 08-19-2013 | 01:48 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Just saw it myself. Wasn't a big fan of the old one, but this one is even worse. Maybe it looks better in person.

Overall, this was a bold move for HD. They really went old school with the styling, and I dunno if its going to sell well. I guess time will tell. I'm sure someone on here will get their hands on one and turn it into a really sweet ride though.

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:20 AM
fxdfpants
Advanced

It's ridiculous... looks like something out of a bad 70's sci-fi...

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:49 AM
3illy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mid-Night-Rider
Am I seeing that right? Looks terrible.
Originally Posted by 08sportyAU
Yeah that new tail light and fender are both fugly
Originally Posted by fxdfpants
It's ridiculous... looks like something out of a bad 70's sci-fi...
Agree, agree and I agree. But the good news is.. . I think my 2013 FXDF resale value has just jumped! Thank you HD! I did notice, however, that they are now offering ABS without forcing you to also shell out for a security system. That's a good move IMHO.

Looks to me like the '14 FXDF is coming with black triple tree's, I can't confirm cause the Bike Builder doesn't look to be working with internet explorer yet. But if this truly is the case it was a long time in coming. I dropped allot of coin upgrading my triple tree's to the black ones.

On another note, I think I understand what they are trying to do with the retro styling but the execution is all wrong. I cant say I like any of the paint options and whats with the battery box? Really, not even that plastic junky faded aluminum stripe? I also don't much like the rear shocks being black and chrome. I would like them better if they were all black but I prefer the all chrome ones I have on my '13.

I do like the black rings around the head lights. If they are available I will probably get them for my '13. I also like the Harley Davidson graphic on the wheel beads. Are black wheels an option or standard? Looking at the pictures they don't look to be the vivid black edge cut wheels, they just don't pop like pictures of the edge cut.

All in all, I'm glad I bought a 2013 instead of waiting.

Old 08-19-2013 | 03:08 AM
slvrbck33
Cruiser

It's an aweful looking mess.

Old 08-19-2013 | 05:36 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

That is the ugliest POS fender I have ever seen!!!!

Old 08-19-2013 | 05:44 AM
agove
Road Captain

Who the hell okay'ed that thing. If someone brought that to me I would have laughed and said funny joke, now really get back to the drawing board.

Old 08-19-2013 | 06:42 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member

Looks like they just increased the resale value of '08-'13 model years. I like the tank/console and wheels, but that fender. .on its own I like it. But not on this bike. I think it looks like it should be attached to an old Honda. Or that Sportster 1200 XR.

I could see getting a hold of the vivid black or amber whisky tank, those wheels, and painting my fenders to match.

Last edited by mattVA; 08-19-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2013 | 07:27 AM
HD-MC
Tourer

oh the hell design those things seriously. They hang out more on forum and see what riders really like instead of wasting their time on ugly this like that !!

Quick Reply: '14 FB rear fender