Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 FB rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013 | 01:48 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by zencaptain
MoCo is definitely spending there research dollars on Glides.
Just in case anyone questions your statement.

After buying my bike, I was invited to join the HD Advisory Board. I get to participate in surveys and read a newsletter about 6 times a year. They bill it as their method to gather details about HD customers and what they want to see in future products.

The picture is a section of the newsletter showing what members ride. I don't know how it correlates to actual sales by models, but it's pretty clear that Dyna models aren't their bread and butter.

-------------------------

Also, I stopped by the local dealer in Savannah to talk new models with the sales guys (one of them is a riding buddy.) They were told that the Fat Bob is and always has been intended as the Dyna to draw sport touring riders to HD. The new tail light was intentionally designed to attract people away from BMW, Ducati and other sport touring riders.

Of course, these guys are sales people, so believe what you will.....

Attached Thumbnails '14 FB rear fender-screen-shot-2013-08-19-at-2.41.49-pm.jpg  
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member

Worst looking fender ever it almost as bad as the current FB rear fender LMAO jk that new fender is BAD

The One Black Bob
4th Gear

That should sell some parts...yuck

Old 08-19-2013 | 01:58 PM
fatrobbert
Advanced

I'm with the majority of you, that is an eyesore. Not sure if they even asked a focus group about this. It will be interesting to see how many people waited for the 14 and swap that thing out right away. I've never been a fan of painted tank decals, and this didn't change my mind. It looks like the fender racing stripes on all of the SRT4s near me. Not a fan. I see they were trying to go retro, but missed the mark IMHO.

On a side note I'm not sure if I like what they have done with the dressers either.

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:03 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Phrogman
It's definitely the second coming of the Boattail. Man, that thing is an eyesore!

AMF is what came to mind when I saw it…. Somebody out there will love it no doubt. Not particularly my taste either.

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:14 PM
Dthor50
Advanced

All the blacked out parts you get standard now are pretty nice. Those rims are pretty dang cool!

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:15 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master

my first thought after seeing the bike was "WOW i love that rear fender" haha

still do...

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:22 PM
hutch08
Road Captain

At least the Street Bob lost that "Limp Dick" tail light!

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:27 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Well, I was going to trade my Sporty in for a Fat Bob, not now. That fender just gives me more of a reason to jump ship over to the motor cycle that begins with an I.

Old 08-19-2013 | 02:32 PM
Djake
Advanced

After looking at the new Fat Bob again...I like the Sand Camo color. A lot. The rear fender is horrible, but I think it would be much better with a flashier color. If they would have made that Daytona Blue Pearl I think it would look great with the new rear fender/taillight.

The only thing I think about the new Fat Bob in Sand Camo, is that it reminds me a LOT like the new Star Bolt. But I still love it.

Quick Reply: '14 FB rear fender