Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'14 FB rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013 | 07:32 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master

saw the news this morning on redesigned fat bob, thought "oh great, I just bought a 13 two months ago let's see how bad I'll want to trade up." then i see that monstrosity, looks like off a late 80's sport bike of a tail light. and the paint schemes really aren't any better. Do like the extra black trim pieces though

Old 08-19-2013 | 07:49 AM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser

Must be an attempt to sell more in the Euro market. So glad I have my 2012. Harley screwed the pooch on this one. Whoever designed and aproved that needs to be fired.

Old 08-19-2013 | 08:06 AM
snstiggy
Cruiser

As a new fat Bob owner, well at least 2009, I'm gonna agree with the rest of you. It looks like a reboot on the 1971 boat tail super glide. I could understand if they used the wide glide rear fender. That thing is hideous. Love the trim ring. Mixed feelings on the black/ chrome shocks.

Old 08-19-2013 | 08:22 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by snstiggy
It looks like a reboot on the 1971 boat tail super glide. .
Agree. The thing is, even though the SG boat tail is instantly recognizable, even HD admits that it was an ugly mistake. Why would they do it again? This is the price paid for having engineers that weren't even born during the last similar mistake.

The bad news is that it can't even be fixed by replacing the tail light. Replacing the fender is the only real option.

Old 08-19-2013 | 08:36 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Supporter

Hmm. Not a fan at all. The new bike has some interesting changes, but the fender doesn't work for me.

Old 08-19-2013 | 08:44 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Im very jealous of the blacked out wheels and engine. The paint I can go without, I prefer my stuck on badges. I really like that new seat and want to try it out. Im on the fence about the rear tail, I dont hate it(I know Ill get flamed for that one). I like the new tank bib too(is it still leather?).

When will they come out with the LED daylights for our bikes already????

Old 08-19-2013 | 09:05 AM
Djake
Advanced

I bought a used '09 a week ago, and the only thing that would have made me buy a '14 was that Amber Whiskey color. I love the color, but the fender is fugly, the stripe across the tank is almost as bad, and it just seems to me that Harley didn't know what to do to make the chrome/new blacked out parts work together.

Old 08-19-2013 | 09:09 AM
XFXDX
Road Master

Hate to break it to all a you, but...

These bikes were ALWAYS ugly! This moves it more in that direction and for that, I like it. Looks like a muscle bike which is what it's always tried to be... Just fits better now.

Old 08-19-2013 | 09:10 AM
MrPeepers
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blueangel73
That is the ugliest POS fender I have ever seen!!!!
They went from bad to worse.
Those tail lights look like cartoon character eyes...
... sort of a look of surprise... or someone is squeezing him so his eyes pop out.

I think HD clearly knew they had a problem wth the "Boat Tail"...
.... they need better designers... or they should of reused a fender that was popular on another bike.
Did they do a focus group on this... did they ask us

As far as the new paint scheme (the stripe on the tank) .. not a fan

I think they wrecked the FB - style-wise.

Anyone think this fender and tail light look better than 2013?

Old 08-19-2013 | 09:16 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member

Battlestar Galactica called. They want their Speeder fenders back.

Quick Reply: '14 FB rear fender