Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It started as a black denim Street Bob - Monsta Bob is back

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:31 PM
markeejay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Did you see what I did with mine?
Robbie, what have you done with the seat - is there a thread?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. Hang on I will put you on it.

Scroll down a bit. My first idea was still up too high.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-build-12.html

Last edited by Robbie13; 08-23-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Joboo1966
Road Master

The workmanship is superb. You did do a great job. And as long as your happy that's all that truly matters.

That said.....I was a huge fan before the build. The black, coupled with the fender chop and the seat , the way it followed the real mean bob look, it just screamed bad *** bike....yea there's a lot of black bikes out there but on yours it just looked right. Wish I could say that I loved the new color but the red tank and the pinstripe on the back just looks to OCC for me. I dig the handlebars tho.

This was fixed before it was broke IMO. I just loved it the way it was, but that's just my opinion and that plus two bits won't get u a cup of coffee so again as long as your happy its a success.

Guess I'm a sucker for a bitch in black.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:29 PM
markeejay
Tourer

Originally Posted by Joboo1966
The workmanship is superb. You did do a great job. And as long as your happy that's all that truly matters.

That said.....I was a huge fan before the build. The black, coupled with the fender chop and the seat , the way it followed the real mean bob look, it just screamed bad *** bike....yea there's a lot of black bikes out there but on yours it just looked right. Wish I could say that I loved the new color but the red tank and the pinstripe on the back just looks to OCC for me. I dig the handlebars tho.

This was fixed before it was broke IMO. I just loved it the way it was, but that's just my opinion and that plus two bits won't get u a cup of coffee so again as long as your happy its a success.

Guess I'm a sucker for a bitch in black.
The Pinstripping has gone put it in when the bike was all black. The tank is a killer orange candy metal flake - Unfortunately pictures don't do it justice - ten coats of lacquer to get it smooth - the finish is superb and really deep.

My influence has always been Russell Mitchell at Exile bikes - never could afford the HOTROD bike at $50k! Although he may agree with you about the tank paint job. Really wanted to do something different and orange and black classic Harley racing colours.

Thanks for your comments - cant please everyone all the time, as you said the only one that is important is yourself. Hope this gives others inspiration and shows what can be done with some thought and not a lot of money. The total cost of the builds are around £3000 and I even sold some of the old bits to get some money back add the to the cost of the bike when I bought it new the whole think owes me under £12k - a new standard Bob is just shy of £11k in the UK throw on some pipes and a stage one and that's nearly a £1000.

Safe riding and if your ever in the UK give me a shout and come and get a coffee at mine

Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 PM
markeejay
Tourer

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Yes. Hang on I will put you on it.

Scroll down a bit. My first idea was still up too high.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-build-12.html
What seat are you using?

Old 08-24-2013, 01:15 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Love it!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markeejay
What seat are you using?
Seat came from Red Tail Leather. It was a bit pricey, but I chose that seat because of the high back end on it. It keeps you from sliding off.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master

Originally Posted by markeejay
The Pinstripping has gone put it in when the bike was all black. The tank is a killer orange candy metal flake - Unfortunately pictures don't do it justice - ten coats of lacquer to get it smooth - the finish is superb and really deep.

My influence has always been Russell Mitchell at Exile bikes - never could afford the HOTROD bike at $50k! Although he may agree with you about the tank paint job. Really wanted to do something different and orange and black classic Harley racing colours.

Thanks for your comments - cant please everyone all the time, as you said the only one that is important is yourself. Hope this gives others inspiration and shows what can be done with some thought and not a lot of money. The total cost of the builds are around £3000 and I even sold some of the old bits to get some money back add the to the cost of the bike when I bought it new the whole think owes me under £12k - a new standard Bob is just shy of £11k in the UK throw on some pipes and a stage one and that's nearly a £1000.

Safe riding and if your ever in the UK give me a shout and come and get a coffee at mine

I saw the Exile influence dead on. You did great work. I'm happy it's where u wanted it to go. I have a cousin in London that I might go visit next spring. ill take u up on the coffee for sure. Would love to see the beast in person too.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Keltoi
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totaly love it, in both incarnations. just one question.. why has it got a different reg in later incarnation?
ok 2 questions, why aint it been in BSH yet?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
markeejay
Tourer

Originally Posted by Keltoi
Totaly love it, in both incarnations. just one question.. why has it got a different reg in later incarnation?
ok 2 questions, why aint it been in BSH yet?
Had a private plate on my car - but got a company vehicle so popped it on the Bob

With regards to BSH emailed them but no reply!

Kinda sucks - hard for normal guys to get there bikes seen in the Mags

Quick Reply: It started as a black denim Street Bob - Monsta Bob is back