Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It started as a black denim Street Bob - Monsta Bob is back

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by markeejay

No such thing as a stupid question - if we didn't question what we don't understand then nothing would change

The front tire is on back to front this is due to it being a rear tire - if the tire was put on the right way it would lose traction in the wet

..huhnnhh??

Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

That is freaking awesome, love what you did.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Never saw a 200 in the front. Interesting. As far as the front tire being back to front, I'm with Mud, I don't get it either.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

that's killer, man. i'm too much of a ***** to try suicide shift. and no front brake, either, ballsy! super cool clean style!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT

i'm too much of a ***** to try

to each his own.

I guess.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by mud
to each his own.

I guess.
ha. i've got a couple buddies with suicide shifters that i'd love to try out... but i'm not currently interested in converting mine.

but damn it's rad to see some of the dudes that will run their bikes with suicide shift at the drag strip on open nights!

Old 08-19-2013, 11:12 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Man that thing looks bad ***. I love the big front tire. It just looks friggin mean as hell. I think I did like the old bars better, but it's still awesome. Very nice work.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM
markeejay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
So Markee, the learning curve on the new shifter....how did that go?
I planned to pick the bike up late in the afternoon - so no-one was around. Apart from my mate who has been helping do the work - the guys in the garage over the road mad a few customers.
My biggest fear was doing something stupid and damaging the tank - cost me £500 to get done.
House of colour tint, metal flake and 10 coats of lacquer - so even a small knock was going to be expensive.

So get to the shop and the bike is outside, so thought do or die.

Put in the key, pressed the starter (relocated on the back of the solenoid - looks cool and a cheap mod). Put in the clutch and clunked it into gear.

Then the agonising wait to find the biting point seemed like it took for ages as the revs started to drop blipped the throttle and the bike lurched and stalled!

But that was the only time I have stalled it (so far). I took my spammers for ride and tweaked the lever angle and have found a sweet spot - able to hold it on the clutch for hill starts without to much problem.

Only downside is that the clutch works best when I am wearing my vans or converse but on a pair Of sturdy boots and the bit point changes.

Once moving is great really easy to do

Had a funny incident at the local bike meet, had my cargo shorts on started the bike sat on the seat went to put my foot on the clutch and my short leg caight the gear lever and knocked it into gear making it lurch forward and kill the engine - not bad in front of a 100 pr so rides all riding rice rockets!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markeejay
I planned to pick the bike up late in the afternoon - so no-one was around. Apart from my mate who has been helping do the work - the guys in the garage over the road mad a few customers.
My biggest fear was doing something stupid and damaging the tank - cost me £500 to get done.
House of colour tint, metal flake and 10 coats of lacquer - so even a small knock was going to be expensive.

So get to the shop and the bike is outside, so thought do or die.

Put in the key, pressed the starter (relocated on the back of the solenoid - looks cool and a cheap mod). Put in the clutch and clunked it into gear.

Then the agonising wait to find the biting point seemed like it took for ages as the revs started to drop blipped the throttle and the bike lurched and stalled!

But that was the only time I have stalled it (so far). I took my spammers for ride and tweaked the lever angle and have found a sweet spot - able to hold it on the clutch for hill starts without to much problem.

Only downside is that the clutch works best when I am wearing my vans or converse but on a pair Of sturdy boots and the bit point changes.

Once moving is great really easy to do

Had a funny incident at the local bike meet, had my cargo shorts on started the bike sat on the seat went to put my foot on the clutch and my short leg caight the gear lever and knocked it into gear making it lurch forward and kill the engine - not bad in front of a 100 pr so rides all riding rice rockets!
Lol! Oh well! I'm sure the most unnerving part was the first take off. Won't be long it will be second nature. Anyway, love what you have done and it is definitely a one of a kind. Made it your own. Enjoy!

Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 PM
sigtau150
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick bike man! Love the orange tank and glad you got rid of the pin striping too.

Quick Reply: It started as a black denim Street Bob - Monsta Bob is back