Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing a C&C LoPro Solo / Corbin Hollywood Solo

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
ictwoody
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparing a C&C LoPro Solo / Corbin Hollywood Solo

Hey Guys,

I've gone through a few solo seats in the couple months I've had my 2007 Dyna Street Bob and thought I would share my findings on these two saddles in particular.

I will come back and edit the post with a bit more in-depth reviews of these two seats in the next few days, and also my thoughts comparing them to the stock solo, and LaPera Bare Bones (which sucked) that I have also used.

In the mean time here is an animation to show you the difference between these two in profile. I would have liked to seen this so I could have made a more informed decision.

I'll be back with more thoughts.

- Woody

Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM
FASTnLOUDfxdwg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interested in your thought. I assum the c&c is the one that goes back farther?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Actually the opposite. Both look like great seats, but appears the Hollywood solo would move you back more. Thanks for posting this, speaks 1,000 words. I myself have been looking for a solo that extends the seated position. Looks like I have some answers. Look forward to your reviews...

Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
ictwoody
1st Gear

Actually they are pretty close to the same as far as fore/aft goes. The Corbin is narrower and you can put your feet down easier. The biggest thing is that the Corbin provides a more "locked-in" feeling. You don't slide around... especially backwards in it. With the C&C I often found myself sitting on top of the back "lip" and having to pull myself back forward after taking off quickly.

The Corbin provides a more "in-the-bike" feeling than an "on-the-bike" feeling.

Not crazy about the mounting method of the Corbin, but it's the only way to get a solo seat to have the position it does. Otherwise everything has to be forward of the screw hole.

I haven't done a long ride with the Corbin yet, so I'll wait until I get at least a 150-200mi day in before I write my reviews.

- Woody

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Actually the opposite. Both look like great seats, but appears the Hollywood solo would move you back more. Thanks for posting this, speaks 1,000 words. I myself have been looking for a solo that extends the seated position. Looks like I have some answers. Look forward to your reviews...

Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ictwoody
Actually they are pretty close to the same as far as fore/aft goes. The Corbin is narrower and you can put your feet down easier. The biggest thing is that the Corbin provides a more "locked-in" feeling. You don't slide around... especially backwards in it. With the C&C I often found myself sitting on top of the back "lip" and having to pull myself back forward after taking off quickly.

The Corbin provides a more "in-the-bike" feeling than an "on-the-bike" feeling.

Not crazy about the mounting method of the Corbin, but it's the only way to get a solo seat to have the position it does. Otherwise everything has to be forward of the screw hole.

I haven't done a long ride with the Corbin yet, so I'll wait until I get at least a 150-200mi day in before I write my reviews.

- Woody
Exactly why I sold mine. Just gave up on solo seats totally.
Curious to see how you like the Corbin. It might have me looking at them again.
Thanks for the comparison!

Old 07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
ictwoody
1st Gear

Yeah... it basically gives the ability to have the support and position of a "fastback" seat, but keeps the solo look. It's pretty smart.

- Woody

Originally Posted by Puffdaddy
Exactly why I sold mine. Just gave up on solo seats totally.
Curious to see how you like the Corbin. It might have me looking at them again.
Thanks for the comparison!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I want a seat that can sit me where that top of the back lip is on the c&c. I want to be able to slide back as far as possible without having the seat stop me. That's my only gripe with the sick saddle...the rear lip digs into my ***. I even had Ed redo it and it's better but still bugs me. I might have to try the c&c.I like the look of the Corbin better tho.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey woody, gone on a longer ride in the corbin yet? Want to know what you think...

Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 PM
pennetta
Tourer

I've got the Corbin Hollywood solo and have it for about 5 years. First it's all leather and it does hold you in your seat well. It also moves you back a couple of inches which I needed.
I've been on a few week long trips and it was very comfortable.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:36 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by pennetta
I've got the Corbin Hollywood solo and have it for about 5 years. First it's all leather and it does hold you in your seat well. It also moves you back a couple of inches which I needed.
I've been on a few week long trips and it was very comfortable.
Thanks for your info, helps a lot. I am basically looking for a replacement solo that doesn't move me forward, moving back a plus, and is more comfortable than the stocker. I spoke with C&C and they said their solo tends to move the rider forward but lower. I like what the Corbin offers in a seat, but not liking what I have been hearing about their service...

Quick Reply: Comparing a C&C LoPro Solo / Corbin Hollywood Solo