Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake improvements

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 PM
cee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rear brake improvements

So I went to a victory demo ride and noticed when using the rear brake it was way better than my dyna. When I search here a lot of guys say go to lyndall and they will improve. Any thoughts on upgrading to lyndall or ebc brakes making a big difference? I just want good rear brakes as mine feel soft, or if I really jam on them they lock up.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I switched from stock to Lyndall Gold and it was like night and day. The Lyndall pads made such a difference. Before, the rear brake was about useless. Now, I think I could use just the rear and would be OK (Of course I still use the front for my main stopping power.....just saying the rear is markedly improved along with the front).

Old 07-25-2013, 04:58 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have tried three different pads on my Fat Bob: Lyndall, EBC ordinary pads and EBC V pads. None made much difference.

I had HD check the rear brake out twice under warranty. Basically the outcome was that it was as designed, "They all do that".

Its just a bit crap as brakes go and replacing the caliper and m/c is probably the fix.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I seldom used my rear brake. Just modified the brake pedal to where I can actually use it without having to turn my toes inward to be able to depress the pedal.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the EBC sentered on mine and really like them over stock. The rear will lock up if wanted and they are rotor friendly.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Changed my rear pads also, forget the brand name, but good improvment over stock. Overall rear brake still stinks but ehhhh.......

Old 07-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried flushing and bleeding your rear brake master cylinder? It made a huge difference for me.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:37 PM
FASTnLOUDfxdwg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

somebody needs to make a 6 piston for the rear

Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
cee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe I will flush them and change the pads to ebc pads and see how it is. I use my rear brake quite a bit so it bugs me.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

It is a well known and very successful automotive marketing strategy that if the words, "racing," or, "performance," or "Xtreme," etc., are on the label that some folks will automatically think that part is better...yet sometimes there is essentially no difference at all. Back in my aviation days, we used to love the customer who believed that the best parts cost more...our markup was usually much more as well. There were some applications where the cheaper part worked better.

While it is true that some parts are manufactured better than others, cost is not the determining factor here. Whether you choose EBC, Lyndall, or OEM replacement pads, if you choose the right pad compound for your use and keep the system inspected and maintained then you should not have any problems. Just say'n.

Quick Reply: Rear brake improvements