Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake improvements

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:00 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changed front and back to Lyndall discs and Performance Machine calipers. 6 in front and 4 in rear on my Street Bob. Dramatic improvement.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:29 PM
cee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skinman13
It is a well known and very successful automotive marketing strategy that if the words, "racing," or, "performance," or "Xtreme," etc., are on the label that some folks will automatically think that part is better...yet sometimes there is essentially no difference at all. Back in my aviation days, we used to love the customer who believed that the best parts cost more...our markup was usually much more as well. There were some applications where the cheaper part worked better.

While it is true that some parts are manufactured better than others, cost is not the determining factor here. Whether you choose EBC, Lyndall, or OEM replacement pads, if you choose the right pad compound for your use and keep the system inspected and maintained then you should not have any problems. Just say'n.
Like Xtreme kayaking?

I will have to look into the compound of the different ebc brakes I am thinking of getting then. I think they were about $54.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 AM
gauravkachru
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ebc epfa

You should really try the EBC EPFA pads (more aggressive than Double H). Similarly priced to Lyndalls Gold+ but way more effective IMHO. I've used both over the past couple of years and can tell you with certainty that the EPFA is way more effective in my books.

p.s. please note how I've carefully avoided calling them "extreme performance"

Old 08-21-2013, 08:05 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

I don't have any issues with my rear brake? It's bled properly, the pistons in the caliper are clean. .pedal height plays a huge role in stopping power. If it's too low you won't have strong brakes, if it's higher up you can really get on it easily. Using lyndall pads. Try adjusting your pedal higher before spending any money. It's easy to do.