Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Low Vibration - New Dyna rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 AM
sbcvulcan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Low Vibration - New Dyna rider

I am considering an 07 Dyna Low Rider. I own a sporty 1200 and have test riden a Softail Deluxe. The Dyna in comparison has a lot of vibration at low speeds, sitting at idle and did not smooth out till I was really moving along. Loved the feel of the ride, not so harsh and effortless quick off the line and cruising speed but the question is:

Is this common for the Dyna, vibration i can feel even in the footpegs? I thought this vibration was somewhat toned down with rubber mounting?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2013, 05:57 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

The motor mount may be worn on that bike.
Common for vibration at idle and goes away on take off.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont feel any vibration at idle, Id call it a visible shake. If someone has installed a engine stabilizer its apt to transfer some of that vibration thru the frame. Also as mentioned above bad motor mounts will do the same. My dyna is smoother than the 1100 Honda ace I had. If everything is set up right once your off idle your dyna should run smooth

Old 07-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Andrew17019
Cruiser

I have an 06 Low Rider and sitting at idle it shakes enough to vibrate my mirrors at stop lights, but it goes away even at low speeds as soon as you start moving.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:24 AM
sbcvulcan
Cruiser

It only had 10k miles, seems early for worn mounts but if you guys are saying it should lose any vibration once its moving then i need to test ride another to compare I'd say. Vibrating in foot pegs like a foot massager at low speeds. Does the upgrade in the engine size play into this at all?

Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Dyna doesn't vibrate any more than the Sportster I had before it. I wouldn't call mine a vibration, but shake, and it smoothes out as soon as I give it a little throttle. As stated above it could be the motor mounts, I'd have them check them out just to make sure.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Andrew17019
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sbcvulcan
It only had 10k miles, seems early for worn mounts but if you guys are saying it should lose any vibration once its moving then i need to test ride another to compare I'd say. Vibrating in foot pegs like a foot massager at low speeds. Does the upgrade in the engine size play into this at all?
What size is the engine? 07 was 96cu, do you have a larger engine? If you do, then that could very well be the issue. Not super experienced with that, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Dynafrom818
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

I have an 07 Wide Glide. The mirrors shake at idle. It tends to smooth out once I get moving.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:28 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Shaking engine? You mean her heart beat? lol yes, normal and possibly worn engine mount.

IMO, nothing beats the Twin Cam unbalance "A" engine for outright soul. Owned a Fatboy for 5 years and seriously got bored with it. Really started noticing the Dyna line and thought to myself that the bike just looks so... alive!

Almost a year on my Fat BOB and she feels alive when she is running. I like that!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
BA dynaride
Intermediate

I test drive an older dyna with a 103 in it before I got my 2013 with the 96 and I thought the same thing. The bike could not handle it. I would go to the dealer and ride a new dyna to see what it should feel like, then compare any used bike to know what you are looking for. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Dyna Low Vibration - New Dyna rider