Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-PIPE SUPER TRAPP EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: X-PIPE SUPER TRAPP EXHAUST

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

ORIGINAL: man4mopar

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

I run an 'X' pipe system on my Z-28 and its good for some extra ponies, plus it sounds awesome. With it the motor generates more hp than with open headers.
I could be wrong been wrong before. But I do not believe these super trap pipes are called X because they tie exhaust flow X like you have on your Z-28. But that they are true dual exhaust and are called x pipes because they cross each other making a X look. So they would be nothing like the X exhaust you run in your Z-28. They are a cool looking exhaust though.
After closer look I guess the 2 pipes are not joined. At first a quick glance makes it almost look like they are. I wonder if running some sort of conjoined 'X' piping would help any with scavenging like the auto systems do? If it did it any gains would be miniscule and not worth the money, but with these trapp pipes a guy could almost experiment....just thinkin outloud here...
One could join them on these pipes. Cobra does it with some of there pipes more of a H though. The stock harley exhaust is a H, and the Dyno's have shown freeing them up in restriction is usualy better across the board of true duel exhaust. I am sure the Cobra pipes that connect are good performers too. Then the 2 to 1 exhaust perform also.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: X-PIPE SUPER TRAPP EXHAUST

I love the look of the X-Pipes but they are expensive.............and loud!