Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY APE INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: MY APE INSTALL

If you have any questions, I will try to help. I'm glad the folks are finding my post helpful. Anyone can do it and learn a few things at the same time. It sure feels good when you can step back and see the finished product!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I used the How to and it great so far. I have not completely finished it because I called JPCycle for the parts and thier catalog is in correct on the Motion Pro parts for the Street Bob. I got them and was ready to install and then noticed that they appeared to be the same size as the originals, or reall close. I called them and talked with them (JPCycle) and explained to them that the catalog is incorrect by part numbers shown and well truns out I was right. So I did alot of further investigating and from another person here found a page that shows the length they are at stock and then what they should be and from that discovered that the Wide Glide has the exact same size of cables, so I just ordered a set of new cables from JPCycle for the Wide Glide parts. JPcycle was great, they 3 day air shipped the new parts at thier costs. So until they get here, I have installed the bars, grips, brake line and clutch but I did have an idea when I was doing the wiring. I actually was able to not use the extension kit. What I did was take the duetsch connector apart and following the instructions listed here, I pulled them through the bars then with the connector apart I took the female side that is connected to the bike and pushed it up through the hole where the rubber grommet was removed and then reinstalled the male side of the duetsch connector and then just connected it up and pushed it back into the hole and re-installed the rubber grommet. The extension was not needed, but would not hurt to use it, just has alot of extra wire to hide is all. Other than this, I followed the instructions and must say it is great and worked awesome! So thanks again for the great write up!
Anyone wanting to do this mode, read this, print it off and follow it and you will be happy with it.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought there were alot more pics of this instal? Where did they go, or am i on the wrong my ape install?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:14 AM
WouldBeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Gwjvw

I thought there were alot more pics of this instal? Where did they go, or am i on the wrong my ape install?
I think you're right.&nbsp\\; Looks like about half the how-to disappeared!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:19 AM
bryanownzu
Novice

Im about to go from stock to 16s on my 08 street bob you post should help greatly. Thanks and nice post.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:46 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Doing this now and got stuck on the whole wire removal.&nbsp\\; this helped a lot and I will continue on my journey.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted fo first off say thanks for such an informative post, that took most of my anxiety away from doing my conversion to internally wired beach bars. No longer afraid of the deutsch connectors anymore.

Thanks for the pics. Also wanted to reply to keep this in my profile.

Thanks again bro!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are the rest of the pics of this great how-to write up?

Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Aboot to do my apes if anyone could find the complete post please put it up..

Old 12-12-2008, 04:48 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Milty
Aboot to do my apes if anyone could find the complete post please put it up..
I believe you are out of luck to find the entire original post. I think it was lost when the site upgraded several months ago.

If you have a service manual, you should be good to go with info for the swap. If you don't have the manual, there are many guys on here who have done the swap who can help you with any snags. It is a pretty straight forward job. Let us knoe if you need any help.

Quick Reply: MY APE INSTALL