Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SWITCHBACK Front Fender Swap to Fatboy fender???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
flyin1200
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad you don't have a FatBoy low in silver! I'd be all over this swap!

Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
kknickmeyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a vivid black Switchback and would be interested. Kurt

Old 06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
MEATsicle
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurt, I PM'd you. -Rich

Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,838 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Fatboy fender adapter kit to a Switchback(FL) frontend= HD# 59013-02A.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
MEATsicle
Tourer

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Fatboy fender adapter kit to a Switchback(FL) frontend= HD# 59013-02A.
That kit is to mount a Fatboy fender to a TOURING BIKE, like Road Kings, Street Glides, etc. Their frontends are slightly wider than a Fatboy, Heritage, Deluxe and apparently a Switchback. Have you ever seen a Touring front fender? The fender is the same width but their tabs jut out on each side to make up the difference in width. The tabs on the Softail bikes and Switchback are straight up and down even with the fender. Their mounts are narrower than a Touring fender. That's why you need the adapter kit, to make up the difference.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:13 PM
MEATsicle
Tourer

I took new measurements of the Fatboy front fender. It is 6.5" wide and the mounting holes are 2.75" apart just like the Switchback.

If anyone is seriously interested in this swap let me know. We can swap pictures and measurements if desired.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:19 PM
MEATsicle
Tourer

Well, kknickmeyer and I did the swap. The fender looks good! Only one slight problem, the rear sides of the fender are very close to the sidewall on the tire, like maybe only 1/16" gap. If you look at the sidewall of the stock Dunlop tire there's a ridge where the tread meets the sidewall. It's raised there. That is where the fender is the closest. It does not touch but it's close. That's because the Switchback has a 130 wide tire vs the 140 on the Fatboy.

I attached a pic of the fender on my bike. (Please no comments on the reflectors. I'm not new to this. I have black lowers waiting to go on.) If you feel the fender sits too high, there's plenty of tab on the fender to cut and drill new mounting holes to lower the fender. I may do this in the future. If the cut is clean and done slow, all you'll need to do is touch up the cut edge of the tab with some touch up paint. Easy project.

Attached Thumbnails SWITCHBACK Front Fender Swap to Fatboy fender???-photo1b.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Twice_Pipes (12-28-2021)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by MEATsicle
Well, kknickmeyer and I did the swap. The fender looks good! Only one slight problem, the rear sides of the fender are very close to the sidewall on the tire, like maybe only 1/16" gap. If you look at the sidewall of the stock Dunlop tire there's a ridge where the tread meets the sidewall. It's raised there. That is where the fender is the closest. It does not touch but it's close. That's because the Switchback has a 130 wide tire vs the 140 on the Fatboy.

I attached a pic of the fender on my bike. (Please no comments on the reflectors. I'm not new to this. I have black lowers waiting to go on.) If you feel the fender sits too high, there's plenty of tab on the fender to cut and drill new mounting holes to lower the fender. I may do this in the future. If the cut is clean and done slow, all you'll need to do is touch up the cut edge of the tab with some touch up paint. Easy project.
This looks great, I have always thought that this is how the Fatboy front fender should have been, just make the bike look complete. Sounds like you'll be looking for a 130 next time you pick up a new front tire.

I would like to stick this fender on my Streetbob with the changes I am making, it would fit the look, I'll have to do some measuring and if its not to wide maybe make a mount bracket due to the different mount points on my front end.

Last edited by blueangel73; 07-01-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Starider
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Fender

I'll trade my 2012 Switchback fender for a Fatboy fender. Black.

Last edited by Starider; 12-24-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:12 PM
RUBI-VET
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone need a Switchy fender in Big Blue Pearl?
No trades I already have a replacement but I'll sell it.

Quick Reply: SWITCHBACK Front Fender Swap to Fatboy fender???