Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bags that attach to sissy bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bags that attach to sissy bar

I am interested in what bags you have bought that can be tied to sissy bar. I am primarily interested in small bags and medium bags. I do not think I will do saddle bags but who knows as saddle bags may be easier if I am doing 2-up. I want the small bag to put things in the bag for my commute to work and the larger bag for longer travel.

I have the detach sissy bar kid from HD on my bike. Not sure if this is doable with bags tied to my sissy bar. My sissy bar height is standard...whatever that means. Any concern for tying bags/packs to a standard height sissy bar and not have wind buffer and throw the bag around?

I know we see some guys have their bikes pile high with bags and what not, but they probably have the tall sissy bar. So tell me what you use for your standard or small sissy bar? I have the '12 FXDB. Thanks.

Oh yeah I hope to avoid buying leather bag for $400 or so. But who knows. Post a pic of your setup if possible.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 PM
plumbertom
Tourer

Depends on what you have in mind. Leather or fabric?
I have Medium TourMaster fabric throwover saddlebags and large Tourmaster sissybar bag.
Got them from CycleGear.
Tourmaster makes the sissybar bag and the saddle bags in large, medium and small. They come with rain covers in case you have to ride in foul weather.
As to utility, I am more than happy with them. I usually keep my saddlebags on the bike as I always have a few things I like to carry with me. The sissybar bag installs and removes in a matter of minutes once you figure out the best tie down points for it and get the over-the-bar strap adjusted for your backrest pad size.
I also have a Motherwell small luggage rack behind my sissybar. Makes a great support for the bag bottom and keeps it off the fender.
I've been using these same bags for 3-1/2 years and 50K+ miles so they hold up pretty well. For leather you might want to look at Saddleman Bags. Never owned any but I have friends that do and they are happy with them.
http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/A...-Bag/p/36026_2

Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Uniqueusername
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley has a sissy bar bag that is also a back pack. it looks like a book bag style back pack, but it has a thingy that slips over the sissy bar. It is $150 at the dealer. I was considering it for my Street Bob, since I don't want full saddle bags.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:02 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the harley sissy bar bag...since I now have a solo bag and a battery bag I may sell it...It was around 130 new.

Attached Thumbnails bags that attach to sissy bar-new-dyna-004.jpg  

Last edited by rooti; 06-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:26 PM
LSUTGRS06
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kurykan Daily Travel bag

Attached Thumbnails bags that attach to sissy bar-parkinglotdyna.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a SAC bag, works great over the sissy bar.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,103 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Nelsonn Rigg is the one i have...Get one that has a waterproof liner or cover...other brands have nice ones also... tour master, Kuryakyn, first geat, etc..etc...

Old 06-15-2013, 06:12 AM
blueridge
Tourer

Originally Posted by artpe54
I have a SAC bag, works great over the sissy bar.
Got a pic of this SAC bag on your sissy bar?

Thanks all for chiming in. I am not sure what I will do may even consider a saddle bag. The point is when I go to work I often wear dockers or dress pants or even need to bring a rain jacket because I decide to ide when it says "scattered rain".

I know you guys will say "should have bought a car" and I got a car but I do ride to work when it says "scattered rain" like yesterday and it was sunny when I got off work and a nice ride home with a jacket.

So since I have the detach sissy bar thought I might as well check out the sissy bar bags. May look at the saddle bags but I do not want one that is too big and sticks out...and ruins the lines of this sleek bike.

Here is another problem...hate to keep trying things until I get what I like! This cost more $$ in the long run. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I run both these bags attached to a medium low sissybar

Saddlemen drifter express

Saddleman S3500 (fully adjustable sissy bar mounting system)

Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 AM
blueridge
Tourer

ynots,

good pic there! hard to see but do you have the rack behind your sissy bar? I had wanted the bag in front of the sissy bar as it offers better support but if someone rode with me then I'd need to mount the bag behind the sissy bar.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: bags that attach to sissy bar