Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resitor in air temp sesnor ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 PM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resitor in air temp sesnor ???

Ok i wondering if any one tried simply adding a 1K ohm resistor inline with the air temp sensor on the air intake? I know guys done this with other efi units to trick it in to adding some more fuel.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

It's better if the efi knows the actual air temp. There are lots of better ways to add more fuel.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I done it on a couple of metrics (Kawasaki Vulcan).
Work pretty good, make the notorious pinging go away.

Joe

Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbco2
I done it on a couple of metrics (Kawasaki Vulcan).
Work pretty good, make the notorious pinging go away.

Joe
If you're getting pinging, you need to address the real issue.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's how the original Power Commanders used to work.

The problem with newer bikes is that the engine management adjustments based on air temp are "lumpy". I mean that there is a steep curve in the adjustments made until a certain temp, after which there are no changes made. So, to use a resistor to change things, you would have to adjust the voltage to exactly hit a spot on this curve, which would be a moving target with varying outside air temp. The chances of doing something useful is low.

This is probably why Dynajet moved there Power Commander away from this and connected it between the ECM and the injectors instead.

You would likely be better off buying or making some Xieds, which then sit between the O2 sensors and the ECM. This would do a much more manageable job than messing with the temp sensor.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought of the Xieds But mine is a 06 model and well Night rider does make one for it there seems to be some sort of issue from what i have heard that is common in the 06 only (go Figure) I made a voltage divider circuit trying to duplicate it but seems it did not help. Yea i admit i am cheap !!! I thought there be another way to skin the cat so to speak. But maybe best to just put some sort of tuner on it i guess. Oh i so hate this efi crap i am way to old for this stuff. And i sure as hell hate the idle speed too. Wish i kept the ole shovel

Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by latrobedyna
I thought of the Xieds But mine is a 06 model and well Night rider does make one for it there seems to be some sort of issue from what i have heard that is common in the 06 only (go Figure) I made a voltage divider circuit trying to duplicate it but seems it did not help. Yea i admit i am cheap !!! I thought there be another way to skin the cat so to speak. But maybe best to just put some sort of tuner on it i guess. Oh i so hate this efi crap i am way to old for this stuff. And i sure as hell hate the idle speed too. Wish i kept the ole shovel
I'm no spring chicken myself and I resisted EFI bikes for a long time as I didn't see the need and didn't want to face the learning curve.

Then I bit the bullet and got an EFI bike. Took some time to get the hang of it but now I wouldn't go back. The bike runs better than a carb bike, it starts better, is nicer in the cold, uses less fuel and is soooo easy to tune.

I can make changes to the bike's tune by tweaking a table in software, dump it to the bike and be running with it all within 5 minutes. Compared to all the messing about and guesswork of a carb its a breeze. And there is so much more that can be done than with a carb.