Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk tuners

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

The TMax replaces the stock ECM, it's not a piggyback. It also replaces the narrow band O2 sensors with automotive type wide band sensors. With the auto tune module it will dial in your map (but not the timing) as you ride. So no dyno is needed and for any engine mods you make you just need to load a new map.
You should be able to get one for closer to $700, so shop around.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM
rodhotter
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

harley's are what they are, good lookin well built, weak suspension + brakes, but best of all lo upkeep!!! an advantage of lo-tech, depends what you want. 20,000 miles on an 06 sporty, change oils add gas, lookin into a superglide now!!! got a 2012 bonneville for twisties, lookin for a more cruiser bike now!! retired!!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
The TMax replaces the stock ECM, it's not a piggyback. It also replaces the narrow band O2 sensors with automotive type wide band sensors. With the auto tune module it will dial in your map (but not the timing) as you ride. So no dyno is needed and for any engine mods you make you just need to load a new map.
You should be able to get one for closer to $700, so shop around.

He speaks the truth!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would call Fuel Moto as arkstreetbob suggested. I replaced my PCIII with a PowerVision, and it runs great. Flashes the ECM, so you don't have to leave it on the bike or worry about a piggy back box failing. Also, you can mount it if you choose and use it to show and log data like speed, MPG, head temp, intake air temp, manifold pressure, RPMs, gear, and other feeds. It's a pretty neat tool.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thank you guys for a lot of good info (a lot to think about)
At my age I have no idea how long I can ride but I will ride ever day God gives me .
I bought a new 1985 Soft Tail and road it for two years got sick and it set in the basement for over ten years unable to ride .

Now I,m trying to make up for time lost ? I do love the Harley Davidson Motorcycles and will have one or more as long as I can . The only problem I have is I,m very old school in that I know carbs and not this ECM stuff . I guess I must decide if I can learn this stuff or put a carb on it and go .

Old 06-11-2013, 10:07 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by KEYBEAR
I thank you guys for a lot of good info (a lot to think about)
At my age I have no idea how long I can ride but I will ride ever day God gives me .
I bought a new 1985 Soft Tail and road it for two years got sick and it set in the basement for over ten years unable to ride .

Now I,m trying to make up for time lost ? I do love the Harley Davidson Motorcycles and will have one or more as long as I can . The only problem I have is I,m very old school in that I know carbs and not this ECM stuff . I guess I must decide if I can learn this stuff or put a carb on it and go .
I have a tmax in my 09 and love it but it is a little more difficult to program. If you're uncomfortable with the learning curve you should try something a little easier to program. Fuelmoto is a good vendor. I have a PCV in my 06 and its great. For a stage 1 and pipes it's the best and its cheap compared to the PV or Tmax.

Last edited by golfblues; 06-11-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I have a tmax in my 09 and love it but it is a little more difficult to program. If you're uncomfortable with the learning curve you should try something a little easier to program. Fuelmoto is a good vendor. I have a PCV in my 06 and its great. For a stage 1 and pipes it's the best and its cheap compared to the PV or Tmax.
Very true, setting up a custom map was cake with the PCV.....

Old 06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called and talked to a very nice guy at Fuel Moto . I,m going to add a cam set this summer when I get time . A lot to think about and the cams with be coming asap

Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by KEYBEAR
I called and talked to a very nice guy at Fuel Moto . I,m going to add a cam set this summer when I get time . A lot to think about and the cams with be coming asap
I would change out the lifters and pushrods while youve got em in there......unless the Dyna motor doesnt make a wracket like the Touring engine, been learking around the Dyna section gathering intel and havent read much about valve train noise issues?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 AM
RebelBugler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfblues
I agree the tmax is the most sophisticated and will likely give you a superior tune.......but it is the most expensive and complicated.

I just picked up a Fuel Moto Power Vision for my 2012 RK and am happy with the results. Flashing my ECM with the custom map provided by Jamie couldn't be simpler. I also like the fact that the Power Vision stores my original HD Factory map in the event I ever want to go back to 100% HD stock components.