Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power vision auto tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Power vision auto tune

Tonight was my first time using the auto tune basic on my pv...surprisingly very simple to use....basically i edited my base map with the auto tune....after each run varying from 20-40 min i edited the last tune or wrote over the last tune....i did three runs After the three runs it was getting late so i just flashed the ecm with the final auto tune run and put her to sleep for the night....now i have a few questions....

Am i doing the right thing by writing over each tune till i finished my third run?

Now what?? Do i run with this tune to see how i like it or do i keep auto tuning??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

usually you would use a new slot for every autotune run.
here is how it goes basically;

Flash the ecm boom. ign on motor off
Turn off key, then turn key again + power button
Go into auto tune and find enable auto tune, it will ask you to choose a map. choose the one you just flashed. yata yata you are now running the map with basic parameters for self learning.
Before you end your run make sure you export learned and choose a different slot to save it, that way if you don't like the results you can go back.
You must now flash the ecm with your new map. If it runs good but you want to get it better start over with the same procedure using the new map.

Also know that you can run the autotune for any amount of time of your choosing, just remember to export or import learned values, there's your new map.

Go here for complete instructions.http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...Power%20Vision

It took me a couple months to get all this down, that was before the autotune was working without log tuner software! Welcome to the age of technology

Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Great. I did all of that correctly except for the fact that i was writing over the other auto tunes...for some reason o was under the impression that after 3+ auto tunes that it would give me the optimal tune....but really ita all relative based on the weather...temp...etc...so i could get an optimal tune out of one auto tune...

Old 06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

To know if you are done autotuning you need to look at your VE maps on your home computer after eack autotune. "Compare" the new tune with the older tune and look at the VE maps because that is what is getting modified(until you want to play with the spark advance later on, if you feel the need). Once the VE changes get less than about 3-5%, you are good. Now there will almost always be one or two "outlayers" on the edge of the area you are trying to tune that will be greater than 5%, but that's normal.

Recently, I changed by ac and went out and did one autotune, compared it and called it good. Personally I do not like doing any more autotunes than necessary because of the fuel map change that is used during autotune to keep the bike in closed loop - you are running lean especially when doing harder accelerations and decelerations.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you export the tune before or after you turn the bike off. Everyone talks about the steps but never mentions at what point to start and turn off the motor.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:22 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by tfalcon
Do you export the tune before or after you turn the bike off. Everyone talks about the steps but never mentions at what point to start and turn off the motor.
Kill the engine, and leave the Ignition switch On, Export Learned........