Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Much For Needing A SERT

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 AM
dynarider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So Much For Needing A SERT

The V&H pipes are awesome eh?

I've been using a PCIII since I had the Stage 1 done a couple years ago.I had a map that fit the components I had at the time and the bike ran great and no popping, etc. So I felt it helped andit came in very usefullately since having the bike dyno-tuned. So to me it's been a worth while investment.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bro,chill. not trying to **** you off. if it runs ok and you're pleased, thats all that really counts.

Myexperience was that after I did a SERT dump with a map that was closest to what I had on my UC (since the HD maps are only for HD slip-ons, etc), my plugs, especially on therear was running a bit lean. the bike ran great, but i was worried about the lean condition and ended up dyno'ing it and having a custom map built on the SERT. now it still runs great, maybe even better, and the plugs aren't showing a lean condition.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/2CE66373D6BA49B299F091D036432E97.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Trotter
Banned

Hd-sob... At the dealer i worked at wehad a couple of downloads, there is two from HD and then there are some Race downloads from HD, Not everybody may be getting the same download. I have a 2006 with the V&H BSS,Big sucker AC , I also have a SERT but I'm running just a HD Race Download,( dont need the sert for this download it's the updated download for the temp Issues and knocking ) And it runs fine, It's cold here still so I wont Dyno till the summer starts to set in. Ya just want tokeep an Eye on the plugs and watch the temp when it starts getting hot... If you deal with a goodservice writerand you know your tech ask about it they wont sugest it openly. They have a bulletin on the downloads. Also if you decide to buy a tuner get one that takes advantige of the 02's they work

Old 02-24-2007, 01:12 AM
wannavee
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

In my opinion, and maybe only my opinion, the Motor Company turned way too much advantage of the "law" as partains to the EPA. The Motor Company had designed for them (by Delphi) an ECU (ECM-whatever) that could be manipulated to the "nth degree" which is good. The Motor company made some maps that helped a little that they would burn into your ECU for $$ but may not help you at all. The Motor Company also has a "key" (the race tuner) that will give you access to the very ECU that you already paid for (kinda like selling you a house for 200k that is worth 200k but if you want access the the thermostat or the temp setting on the water heater it will cost you another 6k) but if you jack with it it will "brand" the ECU as having been illegally tampered with thereby voiding the bikes warranty and labeling you for later EPA abuse. The MOCO is more than happy to charge you for this "product" and help the dealer to charge you to tune your bike using this "product". It's like as if every house came with it's own set of non standard tools and you had to buy them from the builder just so he ( or you or an independent contractor) could maintain your house and it's systems and by doing so it voided your warranty and made your house non compliant with local codes and therfore illegal. Methinks it's poetic justice that companies like Zippers are making replacement ECUs and companies like Dobeck are making work arounds.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:02 AM
htc
Tourer

My Dyno guy said you will be just fine with your 07 bike with old SE II –pipes and WITH OUT ANY “SERT” if you are happy with the power and torque. It will not harm your bike. Also you will be just fine with SE II –pipes AND SE A/C with normal rpm’s. (define “normal” ;-) With higher rpm’s the bike doesn’t like the situation any more and then you need a “cartridge”, “fueler”, “sert” or “something”.

I think most of my riding is between 1500 and 2500 rpm and I feel that’s “normal”. If I get really wild I may reach 3000!!!! ;-)

There is 3 feet snow outside and I’m out as a snow man from this issue. I’m just telling you my Dyno guy’s words ;-)

Old 02-24-2007, 02:21 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: htc

I think most of my riding is between 1500 and 2500 rpm and I feel that’s “normal”.

If I get really wild I may reach 3000!!!! ;-)

.................................................. ...........
You ride mostly about 35 mph??

A wild hair and you take it up to forty??

Seriously??

Nah, you're talkin about leaving the driveway.

mud

Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 AM
htc
Tourer

I seriously love driving 35 mph so I don't mess my hair ;-) See, form over function ;-)

And what it comes to highways, here's a couple of photos of my highways ;-)

[IMG]local://upfiles/21936/744CBD871C384F21B93501AB8D0A499A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21936/9F35178646384B029EC11C6A004F9C3C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2007, 03:25 AM
clayman
Road Master

Thats some real nice lookin country!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:34 AM
htc
Tourer

ORIGINAL: clayman

Thats some real nice lookin country!
Thats Sierra Nevada foot hills by the Porterville CA. I was living there for one year 2004-2005and thats my first Harley... I miss Sierra Nevada "highways" so much ;-)

Old 02-24-2007, 05:04 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

I've been riding with SEII's, stock air cleaner, and factory EFI for 18,000 miles and it runs fine.

Quick Reply: So Much For Needing A SERT