Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews 30T Pulley Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Andrews 30T Pulley Install

Planning on switching out my 32T Transmission Sprocket with the Andrews 30T in about 12 days, so I have been doing my homework and gathering parts but I wanted to start this thread up because I still have questions. Don't want to fire away with all the questions at once so I will start with this one:

Most people seem to change out their clutch spring while doing this mod with either the SE or the Barnett, is this a good upgrade if you have not done any engine work yet and if so which product do you recommend?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

I am a fan of Barnett, have used their products for years, no issues

Old 05-29-2013, 11:27 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check the specs and resistance on both, I'd have to say take the one with higher resistance made of the higher grade metal. It may be a little harder to pull the clutch in, but I have the feeling you will do more power mods in the future Alan! And you know how we hate to pull parts and throw them on a shelf right?!!! Please make sure and tell us how you feel about the upgrade once your done with it!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:02 PM
FASTnLOUDfxdwg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can the stock speedo and odomoter be recalibrated to read correctly after doing a 30t swap? that is the only reason I have not done this yet.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by g2shuck
Can the stock speedo and odomoter be recalibrated to read correctly after doing a 30t swap? that is the only reason I have not done this yet.
I have the Powervision Fuel Tuner that can adjust the speedo through the ECM, I believe TTS and the SEPRT can do the same. There is another product I read about in earlier 30T threads, that can do the same thing - I did not pay too much attention to it since I have the PV.

I just saw that you have the SEPRT (or SERPT?), you should be good. If the speedo is good, doesn't that mean the odomoter is good too??

Last edited by HD Pilot; 05-29-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added to
Old 05-29-2013, 02:00 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by maddghost
Check the specs and resistance on both, I'd have to say take the one with higher resistance made of the higher grade metal. It may be a little harder to pull the clutch in, but I have the feeling you will do more power mods in the future Alan! And you know how we hate to pull parts and throw them on a shelf right?!!! Please make sure and tell us how you feel about the upgrade once your done with it!
Your right, I have the mod sickness - probable will work on the engine soon enough! So I will add the clutch spring.

jakenok I am a fan of Barnett, have used their products for years, no issues
Ordered the Barnett!

Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 743 Likes on 411 Posts

I'm running a Barnett spring, its pretty stiff at the lever, but very solid feel. Unless you do a lot of stop and go traffic, or have weak hands (I wouldn't say I have strong hands by any means) you'll probably be fine with it. And if you don't like it, at least its relatively easy to swap out later.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:25 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully you'll do your usual step by step with pics since I have no clue. How many miles are you from New Braunfels?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rooti
Hopefully you'll do your usual step by step with pics since I have no clue. How many miles are you from New Braunfels?
Hey Dino, probably about 225 miles? For us to drive to Austin in a car, about 3 1/2 hours no stopping so add a little more for New Braunfels.

I might be able to time the mod for you to come up on the 15th or 16th as I finish - I remember weekends are best for you.

And yes, after I posted the "Where are all the Installs" thread, I had better post some decent pics and lessons learned.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:42 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's probably too far for me, I'm getting older ya know. I will be watching this thread all the way through....I'm in no hurry, but some day...

Quick Reply: Andrews 30T Pulley Install