Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Street Bob Issue...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013 | 09:37 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear
Default 2007 Street Bob Issue...HELP!

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the bike. I have a 2007 Street Bob with 6,800 miles. After I bought it, I had it in for service just to make sure everything was running right and good. Ever since I've had it back, after riding the bike for a short period of time it powers down and stalls as I come to a stop (1st gear) unless I stay on the throttle a little bit. It usually fires back up and idles fine right after it stalls. Riding the bike, it rides fine and the power feels good. Any ideas what's going on? I have bike week Laconia coming up and would rather not turn the bike back to the shop for a few weeks.

I had a similar issue on my old street bike and it was related to the throttle position sensor. Just throwing out ideas, but I figure you guys will have a little more experience than me as it's a new bike to me.

As a side note, the bike has a V&H big radius exhaust and a K&N intake for modifications.

Old 05-28-2013 | 10:33 AM
Reindeer
Supporter

Do you know if it has any kind of tuner?

Old 05-28-2013 | 11:22 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Do you know if it has any kind of tuner?
Off the top of my head...no. I'd assume it does not though.

Old 05-28-2013 | 11:26 AM
Rampant
Tourer

Could be tuner issues, also check the idle air control (IAC). Since it seems to only happen when idling after getting warm. I've had issues with stuff like this just not nearly as bad, and that's my next thing to check. It's easy to clean, just get some throttle body cleaner, pop off the air intake, and there is a little hole at the top of the intake tube. That's where the IAC is.

Old 05-28-2013 | 12:25 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member

Most likely a dirty IAC, as Rampant said. It's also an easy fix. Make sure you cycle the ignition a couple of times so the motor will move in and out, helps to get it cleaner.

Old 05-28-2013 | 04:08 PM
wideopen4life
Tourer

Check battery connections... I've had a couple do the same issue after buying them and cables were loose.

Old 05-29-2013 | 11:08 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help and will give cleaning the IAC a shot this weekend. I'd rather try than before getting a diagnostic and attempting to replace sensors.

Old 05-29-2013 | 08:51 PM
kpb46
Road Master

my 07 ultra does the same thing at times. has since it was new. dealers have/had no clue. I have cleaned the iac pindle many times still does it

Old 05-30-2013 | 04:46 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

Hey - before you go to a lot of trouble I spookily had exactly the same sounding problem when I got my 2007 SB back from my dealer after a service. Turned out it was simply the black thumb screw under the throttle was too tight and the throttle cable was not running freely. Was a real simple fix - just loosened it and all's been good since. Just a thought and may possibly save you a whole bunch of time and unnecessary grief.

Old 05-30-2013 | 07:41 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

Awesome - Keep the suggestions coming...I'll try it all this weekend. Overall, the bike runs solid when under power, it's just when I'm powering down to a stop (red light, stop sign, etc.) that it happens. It's extremely annoying and need to figure it out, and hopefully soon!

Quick Reply: 2007 Street Bob Issue...HELP!