Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Street Bob Issue...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013 | 12:27 PM
upnorthbiker
Cruiser

Hi Shreddy,
I find it really hard to believe what the HD dealer said.
So if its right what they say, take the bike back to standard trim and test it, shouldnt take to long, and if it goes without stalling they are correct.
Even with the latest software in the ECU the TPS voltage has to be adjusted to be in the range as per the tech sheet. Also, if the tps volts is not correct it will still stall with the correct tuner/exhaust/aircleaner setup !
They could say anything about the ECU software and you wouldnt know without there digital tech if it was true.
Is there somebody close to give a second opinion ? and check the ecu software version ?
If by any chance they are correct........................................... ................................
What tuner you got now ? look on there website for any updates or newer maps ?
If you go down the new tuner route, I have read great things about fuel moto. If they had a shop in the UK I would defo use them.
Let us know how you get on.
I dont have the Wide Glide any more and traded for a Vrod Muscle but still come back and have a peruse of this site.
Good luck
Jeff

Old 06-10-2013 | 02:08 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Before you can do anything, you need to find out what tuner you have.

I would not throw money at something until I knew what I am up against.

It may just be a quick adjustment.

Old 06-11-2013 | 10:35 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

Thanks guys - Thursday night I'll be able to take a look and see exactly what I have under the seat. The HD dealer mentioned it might be an old form of a Harley tuner (that they can't update for some reason). Needless to say, with just and exhaust and air cleaner, I might just order a V&H fuel pak if I have to.

Old 06-12-2013 | 12:28 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser

If all else fails with the tuner and the updates etc...
Hit me up for a fix.

Joe

Old 06-12-2013 | 11:44 AM
HDHobby
5th Gear

Is it possible the dealer re-flashed the computer and created the problem? Just wondering

Old 06-12-2013 | 12:28 PM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HDHobby
Is it possible the dealer re-flashed the computer and created the problem? Just wondering
I doubt it...It was certainly more of an up-sell by the dealership. That's why I left. I find it very odd though what they claimed. I'm going to try and get a second opinion if possible.

Old 06-12-2013 | 05:46 PM
HooliganCycles
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jbco2
Your TPS is adjusted high brother,
Its giving the wrong step reading to the IAC.
Check the voltage at idle and if its a 2007 I'm willing to bet its at .620
Needs to come down...
I read a lots of people posting about this problem and everybody points at the IAC because all sense dictates that thats where the IAC should be doing its job.
In reality it is the IAC, but not a dysfunction of it, its the IAC getting the wrong signal from the TPS.

Joe
this is correct, i wouldnt waste your time messing with the tuner, especially if it ran good before. I have had a lot of bikes come in to the shop with this issue, and it has been the tps adjustment every time. if you pull off your air cleaner backing plate there is a small torx screw on the bottom right side of the throttle body that is where you make the adjustment, they can get flat spots on the adjustment screw or the screw itself can move. i usually remove them put a little blue loc tite on and and reinstall and adjust as necessary. if you dont have the means to read the tps voltage while adjusting it then just take it to a shop that can do it for you.

Old 06-13-2013 | 09:06 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HooliganCycles
this is correct, i wouldnt waste your time messing with the tuner, especially if it ran good before. I have had a lot of bikes come in to the shop with this issue, and it has been the tps adjustment every time. if you pull off your air cleaner backing plate there is a small torx screw on the bottom right side of the throttle body that is where you make the adjustment, they can get flat spots on the adjustment screw or the screw itself can move. i usually remove them put a little blue loc tite on and and reinstall and adjust as necessary. if you dont have the means to read the tps voltage while adjusting it then just take it to a shop that can do it for you.

Thanks for the opinion guys, I'm going to see if I can reach out to the dealership and see what they can do. It's an annoying issue and I just want it resolved. I don't mind a couple hundred bucks, but I'm not throwing a grand around for something I don't need.