Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Street Bob Issue...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013 | 07:04 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

So what did it turn out to be?

Old 06-04-2013 | 09:23 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear

I don't know. I pulled the intake and sprayed throttle body cleaner in the hole for to clean the IAC. I cycled the ignition quite a few times to make sure I got it well. I took the bike out for a ride and the issue is still there.

It's very weird because if I power down to first gear and simple stay on the throttle, I can almost work it into the idle. I.E. I can hold the throttle a little bit and after a maybe 10-20 seconds I can let go and it will idle on it's own. If the bike shuts down, it fires back up and idles fine. I'm starting to get frustrated especially with the first weekend of bike week coming up this weekend.

Any more ideas?

Old 06-04-2013 | 09:33 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

My only other guess would be the idle sensor?

Old 06-04-2013 | 10:34 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser

Your TPS is adjusted high brother,
Its giving the wrong step reading to the IAC.
Check the voltage at idle and if its a 2007 I'm willing to bet its at .620
Needs to come down...
I read a lots of people posting about this problem and everybody points at the IAC because all sense dictates that thats where the IAC should be doing its job.
In reality it is the IAC, but not a dysfunction of it, its the IAC getting the wrong signal from the TPS.

Joe

Last edited by Jbco2; 06-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2013 | 12:28 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

With your set up, you must have some kind of tuner. Check under your seat for any little box. Even if it is a fuel tuner like the V&H FuelPak.

For example, there is a setting on the FuelPak, Mode 23, that if set too low will cause this exact problem.

The Fuelpak has a function which shuts off the fuel when decelerating. No fuel=no pop. Obviously the Fuelpak has to turn the fuel back on at some point or the engine would die. Not all popping can be eliminated, but this feature does lessen it. Mode 23 controls the rpm where the fuel is turned back on. Try lowering this by one number and see if it helps you. If you have done this and have gotten to 14 or your bike is stalling when coming to a stop, that is all you can do and you will not be able to lessen the popping without changing the pipes or installing quieter baffles.

Old 06-04-2013 | 03:54 PM
bigbush
Cruiser

Same bike same year same issue here!

Only mod is slip on exhaust

Old 06-04-2013 | 06:01 PM
upnorthbiker
Cruiser

Hi, you need an ecu update, yoU will find the update sheet on he techtalk service bulletins.
Basically it's an update on tps calibrations. THe hd dealer will have to do it thEn adj
Ust the tps voltage when finished. I had the same issue on an 07 super glide. This will definitely fix your problem, it's a known problem on 07. Ride safe, Jeff

Old 06-04-2013 | 06:46 PM
kpb46
Road Master

Originally Posted by upnorthbiker
Hi, you need an ecu update, yoU will find the update sheet on he techtalk service bulletins.
Basically it's an update on tps calibrations. THe hd dealer will have to do it thEn adj
Ust the tps voltage when finished. I had the same issue on an 07 super glide. This will definitely fix your problem, it's a known problem on 07. Ride safe, Jeff
You have a link to the service bulletins ?

Old 06-05-2013 | 02:01 AM
upnorthbiker
Cruiser

Hi,
Here it is to the service bulletins, you want to scroll down and open TT410, get the shop to do this and it will fix your problem with the idle. I printed the sheet and took it to the shop as I knew they wouldnt believe me that this would fix my problem.
If you have a tuner like Power commander, Powervision sept you can check the TPS volts easy with the laptop and this will show a low volts so you know for sure this will fix it. Just make sure the tech adjusts the volts after the ecu flash or it wont work.
http://harleytechtalk.org/htt/index....c,11130.0.html
Regards,
Jeff

Old 06-10-2013 | 08:01 AM
Shreddy
|
6th Gear
Default Update

I brought my bike to the HD dealer yesterday. When they diagnosed it, they mentioned that the ECM and everything else was up to date and not the issue. They said the tuner I have is out of date and they can not update it to the modifications on my bike (exhaust and air cleaner). They [obviously] advised that I purchase a HD Screaming Eagle tuner for $700 and have it mapped to the bike at an additional $100/hr. So I left. They basically said the tuner I have in there is maximized and cannot handle an update (which I think is weird). I felt like they were kind of blowing smoke up my *** the whole time and simply trying to up-sell me. Clearly, "they do not recommend using a Vance & Hines or any other tuner".

In all honesty, it's kind of been my own fault a little bit for not even knowing what kind of tuner is in the bike (It's a new bike to me). I won't have access to it until Thursday night and then I can take a look.

With bike week here, it would be nice to have a "quick fix". What would you guys recommend? Should I order a V&H Fuel Pak and just set it to my modifications?

Quick Reply: 2007 Street Bob Issue...HELP!