Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cip-ons!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:13 AM
Cory
|
Tourer
Default Cip-ons!

I'm thinking of going kinda cafe racer style (or just bad-*** blacked out style) and maybe trying some clip-on bars

I really love the look of some of the exile bikes with drag bars or clip-ons and I think what I have done to my bike so far goes good with that look.
http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=21

I love the streetfighter look and would kill for the RX bike exile did....should have done clip-ons on it though!
http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=110

Has anyone done clip-ons or seen pics of it done on a dyna?

Do you all think I would have any issues with them hitting the tank or control issues?

what do you all think? crazy idea, or could be pretty cool?

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:18 AM
jonpiper
Cruiser
Default RE: Cip-ons!

I think its a badass idea . But look how the pure sex bike has the tank mounted so low , the dyna tank sits a lil high to pull off that look IMHO . I like the look you are going for , keep us informed

Old 02-23-2007 | 02:12 AM
PsTaN
Road Master

Of all the bike builders out there, I think Mitchell does the best job at making a mean-*** lookin' scoot. Exile bikes look like they want to be ridden, not looked at.

As far as Clip-ons go ... they would look wicked on there for sure. I've given the idea of taking my bike to a Cafe'/Racinglook lots of thought as well. Fastback seat, color-matched spoiler, and some Flanders Swept Back Flat Track bars.

PsTaN

Old 02-23-2007 | 02:52 AM
waterman7474
Road Master

yeah, yah know, i think that might look alright.

actually, with a tank lift (the 3in), where your hands are kinda down lower than the top of the tank, would look pretty cool. i've seen that on heavy customs and it just might look pretty good here.

nice idea!!

Old 02-23-2007 | 03:04 AM
mud
muderator
Riders Club Member

ORIGINAL: Cory

I'm thinking of going kinda cafe racer style (or just bad-*** blacked out style) and maybe trying some clip-on bars

I really love the look of some of the exile bikes with drag bars or clip-ons and I think what I have done to my bike so far goes good with that look.
http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=21

I love the streetfighter look and would kill for the RX bike exile did....should have done clip-ons on it though!
http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=110

Has anyone done clip-ons or seen pics of it done on a dyna?

Do you all think I would have any issues with them hitting the tank or control issues?

what do you all think? crazy idea, or could be pretty cool?
$75,000. That's reasonable.

Leave the glamour boy at home.

Old 02-23-2007 | 03:35 AM
haksaw
Road Master

that could look good. Post pics if you do it.

Old 02-23-2007 | 04:23 AM
Rhode Warrior
Tourer

$75,000 for the streetfighter. Is he out of his ****ing mind? You can buy a new Dodge Viper for that much.

Old 02-23-2007 | 05:20 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

does the chick come with it. it should at that price lol

Old 02-23-2007 | 11:01 AM
Cory
|
Tourer

yeah, his **** aint cheap! for that money I could buy a Buell, make it every bit as nice as that, and still have about 40k left for a couple other bikes.

Old 02-23-2007 | 11:27 AM
walterwindbag
Cruiser
Default RE: Clip-ons!

I love the look of Exile bikes. The closest I have got so far is a Tee shirt! I must say I get a bit of a kick seeing a fellow Brit getting his **** together over in the Californian Republic.

I think Exile rocks, take a look at some of the cheaper bikes/kits on his site. I thought some of them were pretty good value compared to other custom builders, particularly the hard tails.

On a slight change of subject, remember the XLCR (was it?) a MoCoblacked out cafe racer from about 25 years back. I thought that looked cool then - but that was back when you had to screw the bikes back together after a trip down the road.

Anyway, I digress, I think a cafe racer looks cool. Did y'all see Roland sands effort not long ago. Imagine that without the **** colours. Go for it Cory.

All the best. WW.

Quick Reply: Cip-ons!