Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quarter Fairing Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016 | 03:17 PM
TJ->
Advanced

Good point. I wouldn't go overboard on the grease though. The rubber is intended to provide some friction to prevent the whole assembly from sliding along the fork tubes.

Old 08-26-2016 | 01:34 PM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate

Not sure if I posted this but I see that no one has tried to use the 49mm signal Re-location brackets
Would those work instead of the Hd clamps?

Old 08-27-2016 | 08:31 AM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate

I see that this post is kind of old and the original person may not be on here any more but....
I'm not sure if the Bung King 49mm brackets will work for my bike.
I have an 06 Dyna wide glide
I see on other post that they fit on newer bike, but I'm not sure if these brackets will fit on my bike because of my rake.
Any info would help

Old 09-17-2016 | 02:56 PM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate

Okay I did the install a few weeks ago and i think It looks pretty good. I ordered the eBay HD quarter faring replica and 2 sets of 49mm turn signal relocation brackets. The rep fairing comes with brackets that are very similar to the bung king so I was able to use those. All that I did was bend the bracket where it attaches to the 49mm brackets.
It looks great. I also ordered the Roadawgs windshield too

Old 09-17-2016 | 03:54 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by greenguyshrek
Okay I did the install a few weeks ago and i think It looks pretty good. I ordered the eBay HD quarter faring replica and 2 sets of 49mm turn signal relocation brackets. The rep fairing comes with brackets that are very similar to the bung king so I was able to use those. All that I did was bend the bracket where it attaches to the 49mm brackets.
It looks great. I also ordered the Roadawgs windshield too
I thought Roaddawgs was out of business, seems not. How much difference does the Roaddawgs shield make at highway speed?

Old 09-17-2016 | 09:45 PM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
I thought Roaddawgs was out of business, seems not. How much difference does the Roaddawgs shield make at highway speed?
I read that too, but I emailed them and the responded with in a day
And when I placed my order it was at my house in 3 days
It's funny how my fairing was $120 shipped and the Roadawgz windshield was $200 shipped ��

And I had the Arlen Ness before and it's much better with this new setup. I only rode with the Roadawgz fairing and not the stock clear one that it came with.

Last edited by greenguyshrek; 09-17-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2016 | 10:27 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Would like to see some closer pics of the replica, and the brackets you bent. Let us know how it holds up. Mine vibrates so bad at certain engine speeds that it already busted one of the 8mm bolts that hold the brackets together.

As for RoadDawgs, beware. I ordered the shield, they shipped it, and it arrived used, or returned. The whole thing is HEAVILY scuffed badly on both sides. I emailed them back, and no reply. Totally bummed. Anybody know of some good polish for smoked windscreens?

Old 09-17-2016 | 10:43 PM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Would like to see some closer pics of the replica, and the brackets you bent. Let us know how it holds up. Mine vibrates so bad at certain engine speeds that it already busted one of the 8mm bolts that hold the brackets together.

As for RoadDawgs, beware. I ordered the shield, they shipped it, and it arrived used, or returned. The whole thing is HEAVILY scuffed badly on both sides. I emailed them back, and no reply. Totally bummed. Anybody know of some good polish for smoked windscreens?

Oh man 😱
Mine looked new, but when I asked about shipping the did not respond. But when I sent a pic showing that it fit the rep HD fairing they responded.
My faring does vibrate pretty bad at idle, but when I'm on the move it's fine.

Old 09-17-2016 | 10:49 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by greenguyshrek
Oh man 😱
Mine looked new, but when I asked about shipping the did not respond. But when I sent a pic showing that it fit the rep HD fairing they responded.
My faring does vibrate pretty bad at idle, but when I'm on the move it's fine.
Yeah, I got ****ed. I had no idea they were out of business, and laying off their old inventory on me.

I have a vib at around 2300 that is vicious on the fairing. It cannot be felt anywhere else (pegs, bars, nothing) but the frequency is perfect for making my fairing go apeshit. I fear that a lesser quality unit, would not survive on my bike.

Old 09-17-2016 | 11:03 PM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Yeah, I got ****ed. I had no idea they were out of business, and laying off their old inventory on me.

I have a vib at around 2300 that is vicious on the fairing. It cannot be felt anywhere else (pegs, bars, nothing) but the frequency is perfect for making my fairing go apeshit. I fear that a lesser quality unit, would not survive on my bike.
I bought my bike used and always thought my bike had a pretty bad vibration. I just thought it was normal.
I'm always kind of scared that my fairing is going to snap. I only went with this setup because of the 6" taller windshield that Roadwagz offers. I am 6'3 and I like the quarter fairing look and this was the best route.

How long ago did you order your fairing?

Quick Reply: HD Quarter Fairing Project