Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quarter Fairing Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015 | 09:10 AM
Thomas Eckenrod
Advanced

Thanks man i'm off to Ace Hardware

Old 04-22-2015 | 02:48 PM
DynaRider603
Stage III

Okay this goes back to the installation process of the fairing. I cant for the life of me get the damn fairing to meet with my headlight. Have about a 1 inch gap all the way around. Spacer was placed and stock spacer was turned 180. I've adjusted the brackets in many ways and can not get this to work. Am I missing something?

Old 04-22-2015 | 02:54 PM
Thomas Eckenrod
Advanced

Originally Posted by DynaRider603
Okay this goes back to the installation process of the fairing. I cant for the life of me get the damn fairing to meet with my headlight. Have about a 1 inch gap all the way around. Spacer was placed and stock spacer was turned 180. I've adjusted the brackets in many ways and can not get this to work. Am I missing something?
Are you using the bung king brackets ?

Old 04-22-2015 | 10:57 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Great thread. I am about to do this very project.

Old 04-23-2015 | 12:00 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DynaRider603
Originally Posted by Thomas Eckenrod
Are you using the bung king brackets ?
What Thomas said...are you sure you have the right brackets? Once you rotate the stock headlight block 180, everything should mate right up.

Post some pics so I can see what's going on.

Old 04-30-2015 | 02:31 PM
DynaRider603
Stage III

After a lot more adjusting, I made it work. I was using the BungKing brackets. Thanks anyways guys!

Last edited by DynaRider603; 04-30-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2015 | 03:27 AM
SDgunfighter
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SquidHead
With the new T-bars, I couldn't see my PV the way it was mounted before. I cut a piece of PVC, epoxied some nuts inside, cut a piece of 3/16 threaded stock to fit, rattle canned everything satin black, and mounted it up. Now I can see the PV through the risers.

That is one sick setup! I just picked up a 2015 SB with that same 1/4 fairing and the mounts on it now look so stupid, but yours looks very clean I think I will have to set it up exactly like yours. Thanks for sharing this info.

Also, if you don't mind me asking are you from SD? That looks like a beach I would pass all the time when I was stationed there.

Old 05-02-2015 | 08:57 AM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SDgunfighter
That is one sick setup! I just picked up a 2015 SB with that same 1/4 fairing and the mounts on it now look so stupid, but yours looks very clean I think I will have to set it up exactly like yours. Thanks for sharing this info.

Also, if you don't mind me asking are you from SD? That looks like a beach I would pass all the time when I was stationed there.
Yup. Fell in love with SD after being stationed here and made it home when I got out.

Old 10-30-2015 | 08:47 AM
Cafard
Cruiser

Back to the top. 1/4 fairing, Bungking 49mm kit and i want non quick-detach clamps. Anyone have used the 49mm Kuryakyn clamps #2287? Does it work? Thank in advance!

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:51 PM
shekmark
Road Master

[QUOTE=SquidHead;11332099]When I got home from work today my box from LSHD1 was on the step...woohoo!

I thought I'd start a thread and update it as I go along for the other 49mm Dyna guys who want to do this. I had to figure out what parts I needed to do it by picking through various other posts, and still had to make an extra run to the parts counter for the locking clamp.

Here's my completed list:
(1) HD Detachable Quarter Fairing Kit - 57070-98 (primed), or 57070-97DH (Black)
(3) HD 49mm Quick Release Windshield Clamps - 57192-05A
(1) HD 49mm Locking QR Windshield Clamp - 57400008
(1) Bung King 49mm Bracket Kit

Simplified steps:
-Mount the two inner brackets from the HD kit to the fairing.
-Bolt on the HD QR clamps to the Bung King brackets (put the locking clamp on the bottom so you can get the key in it on the bike)
-Loosely mount the Bung King brackets to the inner clamps.
-Install the headlight spacer and flip the headlight mount 180 degrees.
-Adjust headlight beam to new position .
-Install the headlight rubber gasket and plastic windshields on fairing.
-Clamp fairing to the forks.
-Adjust and tighten the brackets so the headlight is flush.
-Go ride!

Squid...you mention putting the locking clamp on the bottom, but your picture shows it on the upper left. I'm also wondering which side on the bottom works best to reach it, with the key facing up or down? Also, did you use loctite on any bolts? Thanks

Quick Reply: HD Quarter Fairing Project