Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quarter Fairing Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013 | 10:34 AM
Danielc409
Tourer

He's getting it painted folks, it's going to look a lot better vs primer heh.

Old 05-25-2013 | 06:01 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Danielc409
...I'm a little disappointed in the paint job ( got it done at HD dealer ), it doesn't match all that well .. on the fairing it's more gold than my tins. On the tins, you can see more black, the fairing, the flakes are more condensed. At least that's what I think, I haven't looked at it yet in the sun...
I just got back from Norton's and Kevin was pretty unimpressed by the HD factory flake. He pointed out the black in the flake and said that's the mark of a lazy painter not mixing the flake properly.

He agreed to lower his standards so that mine will match the factory paint though. IF I ever buy another Harley, I'll got with the stock color and take it to him for custom paint. His work is effin amazing.

I should have finished pics posted in a couple weeks.

Old 05-25-2013 | 06:04 PM
Danielc409
Tourer

I actually like the black showing through somewhat. It makes it look good in the sun and in the shade .. at least the gold color.

I got a few pictures of the two side by side, it's somewhat noticeable but most people probably couldn't tell.

The fairing itself is painted very well though overall. I don't really have any complaints ( I can either blame the factory paint or this one ) with it and I'm guessing he could've matched it better if he had seen my actual bike for reference. My last clamp should be coming in next week some time so I'll get it on and look at it in the sun and if I'm not happy with it, I'll ask him to see what he can do.

Last edited by Danielc409; 05-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2013 | 06:13 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually like the black showing through somewhat. It makes it look good in the sun and in the shade .. at least the gold color.

I got a few pictures of the two side by side, it's somewhat noticeable but most people probably couldn't tell.

The fairing itself is painted very well though overall. I don't really have any complaints ( I can either blame the factory paint or this one ) with it and I'm guessing he could've matched it better if he had seen my actual bike for reference. My last clamp should be coming in next week some time so I'll get it on and look at it in the sun and if I'm not happy with it, I'll ask him to see what he can do.
Cool, be sure to post some pics!

Old 05-30-2013 | 07:44 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Front fender removed

I dropped my front fender off with the painter for color matching. I kinda like the way it looks without it. The handling seems to be unaffected so far.

I hope the have the fairing back next week. I might just leave the fender off and add a RSD brace once I see how it looks with the fairing.

Old 05-30-2013 | 09:51 PM
Danielc409
Tourer

Good idea leaving the fender with him, that'll come out great. I just got my final clamp today so I'll get it installed tomorrow and snap a few pictures. Been needing to get some pictures anyways with my handlebars etc.

And yea it doesn't look bad without the front fender. What front signal relocate did you use?

Old 05-30-2013 | 11:36 PM
SquidHead
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Good idea leaving the fender with him, that'll come out great. I just got my final clamp today so I'll get it installed tomorrow and snap a few pictures. Been needing to get some pictures anyways with my handlebars etc.

And yea it doesn't look bad without the front fender. What front signal relocate did you use?
I wish I knew, because I get asked all the time. I got them at Cycle Visions, but don't recall the brand (it isn't one of theirs). They are just like these, but black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/39MM-49mm-CH...-/140971856380.

Old 05-31-2013 | 12:47 AM
Fargone11
Tourer

can't wait too see the finished product

Old 05-31-2013 | 02:11 AM
ActionPaxton
Advanced

once it's color matched I want to see pics. That thing will pop like crazy. I agree it throws off a little right now, but I bet it'll look great matched.

Old 05-31-2013 | 07:25 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I wish I knew, because I get asked all the time. I got them at Cycle Visions, but don't recall the brand (it isn't one of theirs). They are just like these, but black: http://www.ebay.com/itm/39MM-49mm-CH...-/140971856380.
Arlen Ness makes the black ones.

http://shop.arlenness.com/p-6849-tur...9mm-black.aspx

Quick Reply: HD Quarter Fairing Project