Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quarter Fairing Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018 | 02:02 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vtafuro
im interested in buying the replica HD fairing on EBay. Opinions on clear or smoked? Is the headlight visable and does it still give out enough light to drive at night with a smoked lense?
IMO...smoked. actually blacked out. I was concerned with being able to see through it. But it makes no difference. You'l end up looking over it and it won' matter if it' clear or smoked. I had a wrap on mine for a while but it was cheap and it started to bubble. So I just plasti-dipped it which others on this forum have done. Looks good. You'll have plenty of light do drive at night. But I highly recommend the "day-maker" lights. There' plenty put there for a lot less than the MoCo has available. Check eBay & Amazon, lots to choose from at a fraction of the cost.

Old 01-08-2018 | 02:15 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by greenguyshrek
The rep fairings are all over eBay

This is the smoked fairing on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322231839229

This is the clear glass

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191938663071

Here are some pics of the mounts and fairing

These are the turn signal relocation 49mm brackets I got off eBay for $9

Pics on bike

On the bracket we're it attached to the 49mm mounts is were I bent them
Stock come in the shape of a V
And I needed to bend them in the shape of a L
I hope that makes sense

@greenguy, that's what I need to do to mine. How did you bend your brackets to make the L? I was afraid I'd break the weld inside the V. And how did you compensate for the gap between the headlight and the fairing. On mine if I do this there' going to be a bigger gap than what was there when I originally mounted it.

Old 01-08-2018 | 04:58 PM
Vtafuro
4th Gear
Default Clear or smoked

Originally Posted by crtman21
IMO...smoked. actually blacked out. I was concerned with being able to see through it. But it makes no difference. You'l end up looking over it and it won' matter if it' clear or smoked. I had a wrap on mine for a while but it was cheap and it started to bubble. So I just plasti-dipped it which others on this forum have done. Looks good. You'll have plenty of light do drive at night. But I highly recommend the "day-maker" lights. There' plenty put there for a lot less than the MoCo has available. Check eBay & Amazon, lots to choose from at a fraction of the cost.
I’m not concerned with the windshield portion. But the lense that covers the headlight. I want the smoked version but I just want to be able to ride at night.

Old 01-08-2018 | 05:13 PM
crtman21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vtafuro
I’m not concerned with the windshield portion. But the lense that covers the headlight. I want the smoked version but I just want to be able to ride at night.
OH. Got it. Hahaha...my bad. I went with clear.

Old 12-20-2018 | 06:52 AM
JESC M
Stage I
Default Light issues

I installed a knockoff quarter fairing on my 01 super glide fxd.The headlight cover is smoked,went for a night ride and I could barely see the road due to the stock headlight isn't bright enough.So my question is,will a daymaker be bright enough to go through the smoke lense and light up the road? Or am I going to have to install a light bar on my forks? Any suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

Old 12-20-2018 | 01:09 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JESC M
I installed a knockoff quarter fairing on my 01 super glide fxd.The headlight cover is smoked,went for a night ride and I could barely see the road due to the stock headlight isn't bright enough.So my question is,will a daymaker be bright enough to go through the smoke lense and light up the road? Or am I going to have to install a light bar on my forks? Any suggestions are appreciated.Thanks
Think you're gonna have issues with the smoked screen even with the daymaker - had a friend that ran that combo and said he still had trouble seeing the road so ended up grabbing a clear lens for it on ebay. Think that or a little light bar is gonna be your best bet.