Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyna is going Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013 | 03:46 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

You can see the difference in my lowered and stock shocks. Next project are the saddlebags which thanks to blueangel73 I know how it needs to be done. Also going to fab up my own filler panels with run/turn/brakes.

Old 07-14-2013 | 02:17 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Interesting work and concept so far ...

I turned my Dyna into a Bagger ... went with a little more traditional theme ... tried to work in the nostalgic feel and features ...

My setup is fairly quick detach ... not quite as quick as JRK4852's ...

My bike started out as a new, bone stock 2005 Super Glide ... I swapped out the narrow glide front end for a Fat Boy (with Heritage fender), exchanged the tank for a Low Rider and late-style Wide Glide dash/console, added Softail footboards/brackets, swapped out the rear fender for a '58-'73 FLH rear fender (with my own design custom-fabbed strut adapters) ... originally, I had a set of pre-'84 FLH hard bags like Joe's (JRK4852) but, I switched over to late-style Cycle Vision setup last winter ...

... for a couple of photos ... first without the fairing/lower fairings ...

... and full garbage-wagon attire ... with the Golden Gate in the background ...

... a shot with the old bags ...

... stripped down ...

... a shot of the emblem on the front of the fairing ... the classic 'oak leaf' logo ...

... good luck with the conversion ...

R/
'Chop

Old 07-14-2013 | 05:48 AM
LagunaGlide
Road Master

Really digging the look of that new fender. Not into the big tail light, but the look of the fender is nice. Looks 100% better with the lowered shocks on there too. I imagine though once the bags are on, and everything gets loaded down those lowered shocks would likely not make for a good ride.

Old 07-14-2013 | 07:40 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Chop's bike, Travis's bike, Joe's bike, to name a few, is where I got my inspiration for the mods I am making. I would have went the CV way, but I couldn't afford their prices. For what I have spent getting to where I am, I would only have two lower bags from them, no lids, no hardware, no support rack and be out a few hundred bucks. However, I also wouldn't have spent a few weeks modifying the bags, but I am extremely happy with what I have accomplished.

Bagger, the fender looks good the way it is sitting on the bike. I can't wait to see where you end up.

I love looking at all the different directions every Dyna owner on this forum takes there bike. Not to mention, when they want to change it up, they don't hesitate to go. Best part is that most Dyna owners need to fab up their own idea's and not just throw a bunch of bolt on parts, most Dyna bikes are the result of their owners imagination, not some mass parts producer.

Old 07-14-2013 | 12:28 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Why did you switch to the Cycle vision bags Chop?

Old 07-14-2013 | 12:47 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Old 07-14-2013 | 02:46 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

All of the holes in the fender minus the mounting holes are getting filled in and still debating about frenching in the license plate or not.

Here is a picture of where I'm headed with my bike minus the fairing. The side covers are $400 for both but I think they need to be reworked to cover the ECM cover and battery box. The next picture is the fairing I'd like to use

And the style fairing I'm planning on using

Old 07-14-2013 | 03:08 PM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Got the rear fender and still have to get it rotated so it's sitting right and a few other adjustments. But here is a look so far, sorry for taking so long on updates. Got to do it as money comes.

Looking really good so far. I love the position of the fenders. You'll want to fabricate/weld a leading edge to the rear fender to protect the electronics. I suggest you see if your stock fender can fit that bill. Love watching what others do on this type of build.
Bob

Old 07-14-2013 | 03:31 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by BlackburnD
Really digging the look of that new fender. Not into the big tail light, but the look of the fender is nice. Looks 100% better with the lowered shocks on there too. I imagine though once the bags are on, and everything gets loaded down those lowered shocks would likely not make for a good ride.

That's why I'm planning to go with an air suspension. I dont know if I got a bad batch of the Progressive 412's but they are complete crap! I ended up putting my stock shocks back on.

Old 07-15-2013 | 12:42 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Why did you switch to the Cycle vision bags Chop?
The fit and finish of the newer style bags is far superior to the older style bags ... the gaskets on the lids had to be replaced twice (and sealed a couple of times in between) and the things were not water-tight ... they served the purpose at the time ... I don't really regret going with them--as much as anything, though, for the learning experience ...

I was sorely tempted to do as blueangel and fab my own setup ... CV sure is proud of their stuff (beaucoup bucks) ... if I'd had my own garage at the time, I may have ... but, I was geo-bachelor in CA and didn't have the facilities ... also, I found some discount houses who I worked with ... DID NOT pay retail for the CV stuff ... and I only used their bags and frames ... sourced the lids and hardware separately ...

I was talking to LA Baggers about making some extended bags ... I would still like to add on some extensions perhaps ... hmmmm ...

Tim (MRNONE) good seeing you in Long Beach last spring ... hope things are well in SoCal ...

R/
'Chop

Quick Reply: My Dyna is going Bagger